Business leaders and experts from Richard Stockton College will discuss the outlook for the approaching tourism season at the fifth annual Jersey Shorecast on May 10 at the college's Stockton Seaview facility in Galloway Township.
The keynote speaker is Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno. Panelists at the event, presented by Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming, Hospitality and Tourism at Stockton include:
• Jeff Guaracino, chief communications and strategy officer, Atlantic City Alliance
• Lori Pepenella, destination marketing director for Long Beach Island at the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce
• Joseph Kelly, president of the Greater Atlantic City Chamber
• Oliver Cooke, associate professor of economics at Stockton
• Michael Busler, associate professor of business at Stockton
• Diane Wieland, director of Cape May County Department of Tourism.
Israel Posner, of the Levenson Institute, will moderate the panel.
Last year, Shorecast participants hoped for a summer season without the unhappy ending provided by Hurricane Irene the prior year. This year the effects of the more destructive Hurricane Sandy are likely to be part of the outlook.
Cumberland County will present a Bankers & Business Roundtable on May 10 at the Ramada Inn in Vineland.
After a welcome by Freeholder Deputy Director Douglas Lang, presentations will be given by Christy DiLeonardo, Business Services & Workforce Training; Jeannine MacDonald, UEZ and CEZ Funding Sources and Edward Geletka, president and CEO of Colonial Bank.
Marc Policarpo, of Binswanger, will talk about locations; Tom Reed, of Durand Glass, will discuss growth.