The Hammonton Arts Center celebrates its 15th anniversary this month with an exhibit honoring its founding members. A wine and cheese opening reception will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, July 21, and the public is invited to meet the artists and discuss their works.
The HAC began in 1996 as the vision of a small group of individuals interested in developing the arts in this western Atlantic County community. As interest grew, the center was able to provide the community with educational programs, workshops, classes, lectures and exhibits. HAC has a membership of more than 135 artists who display and sell their work at the gallery.
Some of the original founding members who will be participating in the anniversary exhibit are: Cathy DeMarco, Judy Watson, Elizabeth Domenico, Sam Moffa, Steve Tullio, Chris Wuillermin, Rita Michalenko, Ken Drake, Margaret Bucceri, Jack Mazzeo, Wayne Russell and Delfino Falciani.
The Hammonton Arts Center is located at 219 Bellevue Ave., Hammonton. Both the exhibit and tonight's reception are free.
The gallery is open 1 to 4 p.m. Sundays and Mondays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesdays, 1 to 8 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays. Admission is free, but donations are accepted. For information visit http://www.hammontonartscenter.org">www.hammontonartscenter.org
•Atlantic Cape Community College's Art Gallery will feature the Ocean City Fine Arts League "Member's Exhibit," through Aug. 23. The ACCC Art Gallery is located in C building (C-125), on the Mays Landing Campus, 5100 Black Horse Pike. 609-625-1111, ext. 5346, or www.atlantic.edu/artgal/artgal.html
• "Art in the Evening," open studio, 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, July 22, Aug. 5 and 9, at Hammonton Arts Center, 219 Bellevue Ave., Hammonton. 609-567-5360.
• "Come to the Garden Party: A Floral Collaboration," reception 5 to 8 p.m. July 29, Great Bay Gallery, 829 Bay Ave., Somers Point, artists and poets present works from Somers Point Garden Tour, poets will read verses 6 p.m. from gallery porch, outdoor seating available, free. The exhibit is on display through Sept. 3. Hours: 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays, 3 to 9 p.m. Saturdays. 609-653-4991.
• "Eclecti-City," multimedia exhibit by Jessie Stackhouse, through Saturday, July 23, at Great Bay Gallery, 829 Bay Ave., Somers Point. Hours: 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays, and 3 to 9 p.m. Saturdays. 609-653-4991 or http://www.greatbayartgallery.com/" target= "_blank">www.greatbayartgallery.com
• The Atlantic City Art Center, on the Boardwalk at New Jersey Avenue, is exhibiting abstract floral paintings by Robin Wesner, fabric art by Eleanor McKelvey, and watercolors by Peter Ehlinger. A meet-the-artists reception will be held 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, July 24. The exhibit runs through Aug. 14. 609-347-5837 or email@example.com
• Lydia Crompton will exhibit her work throughout July at the Atlantic County West Library, 451 Egg Harbor Road, Hammonton. The exhibit is sponsored by the Hammonton Arts Center. 609-561-2264 or www.hammontonartscenter.org
• A new exhibit at the African American Heritage Museum of Southern New Jersey in Newtonville features three local artists showing a variety of mediums. The exhibit features works by Betty Ann Bembry, Ralph J. Taylor and Jeff Schwachter. Free admission; donations welcome. 609-704-5495 or http://www.aahmsnj.org/" target= "_blank">www.aahmsnj.org
• "Gleanings: Works by Matrix," "Glenn Rudderow: Light, Air, and Paint," "Summerlands: Works from the Permanent Collection" and "Nancy Depew: Forest-scapes," are the summer exhibits at The Noyes Museum of Art of Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Lily Lake Road, off Route 9, Galloway Township. Admission is $4 adults, $3 seniors and students, free to museum members. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, until 8 p.m. on Thursdays, and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Closed all major holidays. 609-652-8848 or www.noyesmuseum.org
• The Noyes Museum of Art in Galloway Township will hold weekly summer art camps for children ages 5 to 12, 9 a.m. to noon, through July 29. 609-652-8848 or http://www.noyesmuseum.org/" target= "_blank">www.noyesmuseum.org
Cape May County
• The Howard Behrens exhibition, "The End of an Era: Twilight Memories," will feature new pieces of artwork for the artist's final gallery show, Aug. 6 and 7, at Ocean Galleries, 9618 Third Ave., Stone Harbor. Free. Receptions will take place 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday, and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday. 609-368-7777 or http://www.oceangalleries.com/" target= "_blank">www.oceangalleries.com
• Members of the Cape May Artists Cooperative Gallery will display works at The Mad Batter Restaurant, in the Carroll Villa Hotel, 19 Jackson St., Cape May, through Aug. 1. The exhibit is open daily. All artwork is for sale. 609-884-5970.
• The Ocean City Fine Arts League will exhibit works from its July competition, "Things That Float," through July 31 at the Art on Asbury Gallery, 608 Asbury Ave., Ocean City. Entries are being accepted for the August competition, "Sun and Shade." Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays to Saturdays, and 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sundays. Admission is free. 609-814-0308 or http://www.oceancityfineartleague.org">www.oceancityfineartleague.org
• "Celebrate Cape May - Watercolors by Marie Natale," special tribute to the history and legends of the Chalfonte Hotel, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, Aug. 4 through October, at the Chalfonte Hotel, 301 Howard St., Cape May. A meet the artist and author reception will be hosted in the Magnolia Room from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 7. Free. All the art work on view and the book are available for purchase. www.chalfonte.com
• The Ocean City Fine Arts League offers plein air painting Wednesdays through Aug. 17 as part of Ocean City's "Evenings on Asbury Avenue." Artists must check in at OCFAL's gallery Art on Asbury, 608 Asbury Ave, between 4:45 and 5 p.m. Judging for prizes takes place 7:50 p.m. at the gallery. 609-814-0308 or http://www.oceancityfineartleague.org">www.oceancityfineartleague.org
• Peter Max's "Salute to Patriotism" exhibition is on display through Monday, July 25, at Ocean Galleries, 9618 Third Ave., Stone Harbor. Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. 609-368-7777 or www.oceangalleries.com
• Artist Kathy Feighery's latest series, "Herds," is featured at Beacon Art Shortwave Gallery, located at 9412 Second Ave., Stone Harbor, through July 29. 609-796-5425 or http://www.beaconart.net/" target= "_blank">www.beaconart.net
• The art of Michael Cagno will be on display through July 30 at The William Ris Gallery, 9400 Second Ave., Stone Harbor. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays to Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Admission is free. 609-368-6361or http://www.williamris.com/" target= "_blank">www.williamris.com
• Cape May-based artist Sean Taylor's exhibit, "View-Master - The World at Your Fingertips," runs to July 31; Strathmere artist Greg Bennett's,"The Seasonal Landscape" is on display to July 31; SOMA NewArt Gallery, 31 Perry St., Cape May. Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. www.somagallery.net
• The Cape May Artists Cooperative will feature the work of members Cindy Mahoney-Crawford, Robin Hippel and Jody Swope, through Aug. 11, in its recently renovated gallery at the West End Garage, 484 W. Perry St., Cape May. The Artists Cooperative Gallery is open daily. 609-770-8261.
• "Earthly Delights," an exhibit of fine crafts by regional artists, runs through Sept. 3 at Sluice Creek Gallery, located inside Cape May Bird Observatory, 600 Route 47 North, in Goshen. Hours: 9:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. 609-861-0700, ext 38.
• A solo show by painter Monica Zane featuring landscapes and seascapes of Avalon will hang in the Summer Studio gallery, 2089 Ocean Drive, Avalon, until the end of August. For hours, call 609-368-2300.
Cumberland County and Points West
• "Three Artists on High," featuring the works of local High Street artists, will exhibit at Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts in Millville's Glasstown Arts District, 22 N. High St., through Aug. 13. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays to Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. 856-327-4500 or www.rrcarts.com
• "WheatonArts and Southern New Jersey Artists" exhibit will run to Aug. 21 at The Gallery of Fine Craft, Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, 1501 Glasstown Road, Millville. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays to Sundays. Free. 800-998-4552 or http://www.wheatonarts.org/" target= "_blank">www.wheatonarts.org
• "Japanese Ceremonial Dolls" exhibit can be viewed through Oct. 3 at the Education/Folklife Center at Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, 1501 Glasstown Road, Millville. The exhibition is included in the price of admission to WheatonArts, $10 adults, $9 seniors, $7 students, children five and younger free. Hours: noon to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. 800-998-4552, 856-825-6800 or www.wheatonarts.org
• "Cycles and Symbols: Nature in Glass," on display at the Museum of American Glass, WheatonArts, 1501 Glasstown Road, Millville, to Oct. 16. $10 adults, $9 seniors, $7 students, and free for children five and younger. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. 800-998-4552, 856-825-6800 or www.wheatonarts.org
• Artwork by Janet Nelson will be on display at Gallery 1603, 1603 Long Beach Blvd., Surf City, through July 27. For hours, call 609-494-1699 or visit www.gallery1603.com
• Twenty-three artists of the Pine Shores Art Association will exhibit paintings and photographs at the Stafford library through August. For more information, call Ilomay Pedicini, show director, at 609-693-9351.
• Michael Ryan Architects and Bridgette Mayer Gallery of Philadelphia present "Steve Tobin: Master Pieces," an exhibition of steel, clay, bronze and paintings, to Aug. 28 at Michael Ryan Architects, 60 Loveladies Harbor, Loveladies. Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays through Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays and by appointment. 609-548-2000.
• Pine Shores Art Association, 94 Stafford Ave., Manahawkin, weekly open studio sessions: Sundays: Portraits, 1 to 3 p.m.; Mondays: Portraits, 7 to 9 p.m.; Tuesdays: Artists Helping Artists, 7 to 9 p.m.; Wednesdays: "Do Your Own Thing" 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Thursdays: Life Drawing, 7 to 9 p.m. 609-597-3557 or http://www.pineshoresartassociation.org">www.pineshoresartassociation.org
Items for Art Gallery should be sent two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Lucia C. Drake, The Press of City, 11 Devins Lane, Pleasantville, N.J. 08232.