Bally’s Atlantic City celebrates the grand reopening of its casino floor this weekend with sweepstakes, hot seats and giveaways. Bally’s reportedly spent more than $5 million on the redesign of its casino floor, as well as new carpeting and chairs.
From 1 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, every 30 minutes five guests will be selected to win $1,000 in free play. At 8 p.m., five finalists will be announced. Each will win $1,000 in free play and a spin on the Bally’s prize wheel. One finalist will win all unclaimed prizes.
In addition, every 30 minutes from 3:15 to 7:45 p.m., players will be randomly selected to win free play and food and beverage coupons. And, while supplies last, pick up a complimentary commemorative T-shirt at the Total Rewards Center between 3 and 8 p.m.
In real estate — as the old saying goes — it’s location, location, location. At Resorts Casino Hotel and Tropicana Casino and Resort that’s also the case.
Resorts’ “Lucky Locals” program offers the following:
• Sundays — Receive10 percent off participating Resorts’ retailers, including Jersey Devil Surf, BluWire, Lick, Michaels, Marshall-Rousso, Accents and A Time For Wine — discounts at A Time For Wine don’t apply to sale items, and you cannot pay for your purchases with comp dollars or charge them to your room.
• Mondays — Buy one buffet, get one free.
• Tuesdays — Star cardholders get triple cashback when playing slot machines.
• Wednesdays — Two free show tickets — limit two tickets per customer. Restrictions apply.
• Thursdays — Free self-parking.
• Fridays — Star cardholders earn double comp dollars when playing slot machines and table games.
• Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays — Buy dinner for two at Capriccio and receive a free appetizer.
To qualify for the discounts, complimentary appetizer and free buffet, show tickets and parking, you must be 21 and show a driver’s license from Atlantic or Cape May County.
Meanwhile, Tropicana has begun to resurrect its own version of the former Atlantic Club Casino Hotel’s “Club Local” — a program that allowed players to use their comp dollars at businesses throughout South Jersey. Customers who qualify for Tropicana’s Trop Advantage gift card program can now redeem their midweek offers for gift cards to Casel’s Marketplace in Margate, and, beginning March 3, at Canal’s Discount Liquor Outlet in Mays Landing. Also, beginning March 1, customers will be able to exchange their comp dollars at 50 percent value to purchase Casel’s Marketplace and Canal’s Discount Liquor Outlet gift cards. Look for more additions to the program in the near future.
I heart slots
Looking to combine a little gambling with your romance on Valentine’s Day? Most Atlantic City casinos have many, if not all, of these popular slot machines — Hearts of Fire, Hearts of Venice, I heart Diamonds, I Love Jackpots, Lago di Amore (Lake of Love), Love & War, Love Birds, Love Boat, More Hearts, Passion Coast and Sweethearts.
You may have seen the billboard as you exit Atlantic City on your way to the Expressway: “Four Free Nights With A Casino Premium Players Card.” What you don’t see is the “fine print” for this offer from the Atlantis Casino on Paradise Island in The Bahamas.
To qualify you must:
• Be a new Atlantis customer (or an inactive customer who has not played since June 30, 2009).
• Have at least one of the following valid Atlantic City casino players cards:
- 24 Karat Club Elite, Chairman or Premier from Golden Nugget.
- My Borgata Titanium or Black Label.
- Resorts Red Carpet, Paramount, Epic or Premier.
- Revel Black, Platinum or Gold.
- Total Rewards Seven Stars, Diamond or Platinum from Caesars Entertainment.
- Trop Advantage Black, Platinum or Gold.
- Trump One Signature, Chairman or Executive.
• Book by June 26 for travel through June 30 — except March 7 through March 16 and April 10 through April 23.
• Show at least six hours of rated aggregate play during your stay or you will be charged the prevailing room rate for each night.
In addition, you must pay nearly $100 in mandatory taxes, levies, fees, service charges and gratuities for each free night.
Also, this offer is only for the Coral Tower, based on availability, subject to change or cancellation at any time, and is limited to one complimentary four-night stay per player, double occupancy.
For complete details, go to Atlantis.com.
Have you tried iGaming — Internet gambling — at any of Atlantic City’s online casinos? How was your experience? Was it easy to establish an account? How was the selection of games?
How did your win-loss ratio compare to playing at one of the land-based casinos?
Would you recommend online gaming to your friends?
If you’d be willing to share your thoughts with me — on- or off-the-record — either by phone or email, contact me at email@example.com. I plan to write about this in a future column.
Recreational gambler Darryl D. McEwen, a former professional journalist, is president of his own consulting firm that manages several small national and international trade associations, and provides public relations and fundraising services for a number of charitable organizations. Have a comment on this or a question specifically related to an Atlantic City casino, players club or other promotion? Email Mr. AC Casino at MrACCasino@gmail.com and he’ll try to respond to you personally. Your question — without your name — may appear in a future column.