The second annual Wing Wars event, put on by A.C. Weekly. was a huge success this past Saturday, Jan. 27, as it brought droves of poultry-loving folks to The Grand at Golden Nugget Atlantic City.
This year’s event drew double the crowd size of the inaugural Wing Wars and beefed up its list of competing restaurants as well, with a total of 18 spots all vying for the top honors in a variety of categories. Both a panel of expert judges and the atendees of the event cast votes on which wing was the best.
Let the competitiveness of the Super Bowl propel you to reach your fitness goals during Ston…
The classic rock cover band LeCompt provided the perfect soundtrack, with a mix of popular tunes from acts like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen and David Bowie to name a few.
The official results were as follows:
Fat Boy Munch Club Awards:
- Fattest presentation: Chart House
- Fattest Imagination: A.C. Burger Co.
- I Can’t Feel My Face: Joseph’s at Renault Winery
- XXL Heavenly Combo: Michael Patrick’s
- First place overall: Kelsey’s
- Second place overall: Okatshe
- Third place overall: Guy’s Bar-B-Que Joint
Eaters’ choice awards
- First place wing: Vagabond Kitchen & Tap House
- Second place wing: Pic-a-lilli Pub
- Third place wing: Kelsey’s
- First place dipping sauce: Pic-a-lilli Pub
- Second place dipping sauce: Vagabond Kitchen & Tap House
- Third place dipping sauce: Michael Patrick’s Brasserie