1. It's an instantly classic establishment. Harry's Oyster Bar is one of the most unique places to enjoy food and drink right off the Atlantic City Boardwalk, partly because of its grand position at the bottom of a historic hotel with a beautiful courtyard, and also its reputation under ownership by the Dougherty family, which also owns the legendary Atlantic City restaurants Knife & Fork and Dock's Oyster House. With a top-notch menu, that still keeps costs low plus offers quality entertainment, this is already one of the city's must-see destinations in only its third year of operation.
2. It comes out of its shell in the summer. Like most of the city, Harry's gains new life when the weather warms and visitors swarm to the city. Starting in June and continuing through the season, there is free live music at its courtyard every day in either the afternoon or evening. Also, the hours of operation lengthen, and a new late-night menu is offered that features sandwiches, seafood and, of course, munchies, such as a giant, warm soft pretzel with mustard and Monterey jack cheese.
3. The drink bar is just as great as the raw bar. Clearly, the Doughertys reputation precedes them when it comes to fresh food, but they did a stellar job with the drink menu at Harry's, as well. For beers, they have 10 on tap and nearly 30 in bottles, including large bottles of rare beers. You can also get a growler of beer to go, or order a bucket of beers and stay awhile. There are another 11 specialty drinks available at their full bar, as well as wines available by the bottle or glass.
4. Harry's gets happy on weekdays. The restaurant is already reasonably priced, but it gets even better during happy hour specials that run from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. From Monday through Thursday, that means $3 Bud Light drafts, $4 Blue Point Toasted Lagers, $5 wines by the glass, and buy-one, get-one half-off appetizers. On Fridays the happy hour special means all drafts are half off. In addition, all oysters on the half shell are $1 on Wednesdays.
5. They'll make your last single night a singular one. Harry's teamed up with gentlemen's club Delilah's Den to offer both bachelor and bachelorette party packages. For $150 per person, guests get dinner at the restaurant, transportation via Atlantic Limousine, admission to the adult venues and a round of drinks at Delilah's. For reservations or more information, call (609) 431-0092, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.