South Jersey is rich with local breweries, and the summer is the perfect time to try a few. These crisp, warm-weather brews are just perfect for late June. Here are 11 locally brewed seasonal beers to try before the end of the season.
1. Shore Break. While Slack Tide Brewing Co. has a number of brews perfect for summer, Shore Break is its version of “summertime in a glass.” A classic Saison with sweet orange peel, this brew definitely makes the must-try list. Located at 1072 Route 83, Unit 3, in Clermont. Go to SlackTideBrewingCo.com for more information.
2. East Koast Kolsch. The East Koast Kolsch — a light and crisp German-style beer similar to a Pilsner — is a favorite for summertime at Ludlam Island Brewery. If you’re looking for something fruity, stay tuned … a strawberry Berliner is due for a mid-July release. Located at 9 Stone Court, Unit C, in Ocean View. Go to LudlamIsland.com for more information.
After more than 50 years in the business, Dave Mason realizes his job falls into two complet…
3. Beach Bubbles. Looking for that perfect beach day brew? Try Beach Bubbles, a Belgian Wit with pear puree and champagne yeast, at 7 Mile Brewery. And it’s available in cans, making it the perfect beer for your cooler. Located at 3156 Route 9 South in Rio Grande. Go to 7MileBrew.com for more information.
4. Summer Catch. Sure to be one of your go-to beers this season, Summer Catch is citrusy and refreshing, with notes of orange peel and tropical fruits. It comes bottled for the first time ever on June 22. Get it from the source at 1288 Hornet Road. in Cape May. Go to CapeMayBrewery.com for more information.
5. Cresse American Wheat. Want some history with your summer brew? Head to Historic Cold Spring Village and its equally historic Cold Spring Brewery for Cresse American Wheat, a lighter pale gold brew with a short creamy head that has a slightly tart, crisp finish. Located at 720 US 9 in Cape May. Go to HCSV.org/Cold-Spring-Brewery.
6. Marshallville Wit. For as long as there has been a Tuckahoe Brewing Company, there has been the Marshallville Wit. This best-selling seasonal favorite is a Belgian Wit with hints of coriander and orange peel, perfect for those lazy days of summer. Located at 3092 English Creek Ave. in Egg Harbor Township. Go to TuckahoeBrewing.com for more information.
7. Pop’s Wit. Head to Garden State Beer Company and soak in the summer with Pop’s Wit, a seasonal Apfel Witbier. Soft and delicate on the palate and served with a fresh orange slice garnish, this brew has a slight sweetness balanced by orange and coriander. Delish. Located at 247 E. White Horse Pike in Galloway. Go to GardenStateBeer Co.com for more info.
8. Orbit the Sun. Nothing says summer like Hefeweizen, and the Orbit the Sun Hefeweizen from Tomfoolery Brewing is no exception. With a soft texture, notes of banana and clove and a slight spiciness, Orbit the Sun is your perfect under-the-sun brew. Located at 334 N. Washington St., Unit 24B in Hammonton. Go to TomfooleryBrewing.com.
Every holiday we endeavor to help out the last-minute gift buyers of the world, and Father’s…
9. Blueberry Ale. Summer and Hammonton blueberries are great together. What’s better? Summer, Hammonton blueberries and beer. Head to Pinelands Brewing Company for Blueberry Ale, featuring three grain varieties for a balanced, malty ale with the perfect amount of Hammonton blueberry sweetness. Located at 140 South 7th Ave. in Little Egg Harbor. Go to PinelandsBrewing.com for more info.
10. Beach Patrol Hefeweizen. Like we said, we love Hefeweizen in the summer. Beach Patrol from Ship Bottom Brewery is light, refreshing and available in cans starting this week. And while it’s a “can’t-miss” brew, we’re just as excited for the soon-to-be-released Mary Lee Please Don’t Eat Me Saison, coming later this summer. Located at 830 North Bay Ave. Store 23 in Beach Haven. Go to ShipBottomBrewery.com for more information.
11. Blood Orange TIPA. Try this fruited Triple IPA at Tun Tavern in Atlantic City. Brewed with pilsner, caramel and oat malts with blood orange puree, this intense orange drink is just what we’re craving on a hot summer day. Located at 2 Convention Blvd. in Atlantic City. Go to TunTavern.com for more.