If the end of summer has got you down, do what the kids do and head back to school. Don’t worry, you don’t need a backpack and a heap of No. 2 pencils for these classes. Just grab your friends and a yearnin’ for learnin’ — it’s still learning, even if it’s fun — and head to any of these six places for your own continued education.
1. The Blending Room. If you love olive oil, check out The Blending Room in Cape May to learn about the complexities of olive oil. Better yet, create your own blend to bring home. Appointments can be scheduled for Fridays through Sundays. Plus, you can bring your favorite beverage to sip while you enjoy some small bites. Located at 505 Terminal Drive. at the Cape May Airport. Go to TheBlendingRoom.net for more information.
If the current version of the rock band Jefferson Starship was a baseball team, David Freibe…
2. Ivan Kane’s Kiss Kiss Nightclub. Can’t sit still? Head to a class that lets you move. And nothing has you moving quite like the burlesque lessons at Ivan Kane’s Kiss Kiss Nightclub in Tropicana Atlantic City 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoons. Lessons include free champagne, a boa to take home and complimentary admission to the club. Located at 2831 Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Go to KissKissNightclub.com for more information.
3. Passion Vines. Napa 101 — we challenge you to find a better sounding class. You can find it at Passion Vines Wine & Spirit Company in Somers Point, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7. During the tasting you will uncover why Napa is the most desirable wine destination in the United States. Located at 265 New Road in Somers Point. Go to PassionVines.com for more.
4. Nauti Spirits. Already got your behind-the-scenes look at wineries and breweries? Time to add distilleries to your repertoire. Nauti Spirits Distillery hosts a walking tour of the farm and production facilities where you can learn what goes into each handcrafted bottle of gin, rum or vodka. And, of course, it is followed up by a tasting. Tours are available for booking Fridays through Mondays. Located at 916 Shunpike Road in Cape May. Go to NautiSpirits.com for more.
5. Wolfgang Puck American Grille. Looking for a good teacher? Head to Wolfgang Puck American Grille at The Borgata 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, for an event with Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. At “Gin with Geoffrey,” pair gin with small bites, all while schmoozing your way to the head of the class. Located at 1 Borgata Way in Atlantic City. Go to TheBorgata.com for more information.
If you haven’t caught one of the free Somers Point beach concerts this summer, you have one …
6. Boogie Nights. The first day of school is always a big day. End it with a big night, 10 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7, at Boogie Nights for its “Back to School Night.” Located in Tropicana at 2831 Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Go to BoogieNightsUSA.com for more information.