Most folks are already caught up in the craziness that is the holiday season. It’s easy to get swept up with all the parties, holiday cocktails and tree trimming, but it’s not always easy to find a way to give back that also includes a bit of fun. So, let us introduce you to our own unofficial, do-it-yourself Toys for Tots bar tour. Just bring a new, unwrapped gift to any of the following establishments, all of which are Toys for Tots drop off locations, before Dec. 13 (gifts will be distributed to less fortunate children in our area), and head in for a merry ole’ time. Go to AtTheShoreOnline.com’s nightlife listings for more Toys for Tots drop-off locations.
1. Congress Hall. You may be doing the giving, but you’ll be getting back plenty of fun at Congress Hall’s Winter Wonderland, where you might mistake Cape May for the North Pole. To go along with all the holiday trimmings, you can enjoy a seasonal cocktail like a Cranberry Ginger Martini or Cherry Bourbon Sour in the Brown Room. Located at 200 Congress Place in Cape May. Go to CapeResorts.com for more information.
Often times I walk into a bar and say to myself, “this place could really use some updating.…
2. Dogtooth Bar & Grill. Bring your unwrapped gift to this Wildwood staple for a good time with good friends and good beer. Grab a Cabo Taco, a Dogtooth Reuben, a craft beer or a signature cocktail, and kick back with the music of Brian La Pann, who will play 9 p.m. on Saturday. Located at 100 E. Taylor Ave. in Wildwood. Go to DogtoothBar.com for more information.
3. Harbor Square Theatre. Head over to Harbor Square Theatre and catch a movie after dropping off your Toys for Tots gift, then finish off your night at the attached Harbor Burger Bar for a holiday-esque drink, like the Salted Caramel Spiked Shake (vanilla ice cream, Fireball whiskey, and butterscotch liqueur topped with a caramel drizzle and a pretzel). Located at 271 96th St. in Stone Harbor. Go to HarborSquareTheatre.com for more information.
4. Slack Tide Brewing Company. Slack Tide Brewing Company has quickly become a Cape May County favorite. Bring a toy for a tot or two, and head inside for a great atmosphere and even better beer. From Bell Buoy Blonde Ale and Monkey Face Stout to Angrey Osprey IPA and 5 Fathom Pale Ale, you can’t go wrong at Slack Tide. Located at 1072 Route 83, Unit 3, in Clermont. Go to SlackTideBrewingCo.com for more information.
5. Levari’s Seafood & American Grill. Looking for some standard bar food (done really well) and a place to catch some Monday night football? Check out Levari’s, where you can drop off your unwrapped toy while watching the game. Enjoy all day $2.50 domestic drafts and $4 craft drafts, and $1.25 tenders after 6 p.m. Located at 1291 NJ 50 in Tuckahoe. Go to Levari’s Seafood & American Grill on Facebook for more information.
6. Chickie’s & Pete’s. If breakfast Bloody Marys are more your style, pop in to Chickie’s & Pete’s for Breakfast with Santa from 8 to 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 9. Proceeds from your $10 donation go to Toys for Tots, and you will also get breakfast and some time with the Big Man himself. An unwrapped gift will get you on the nice list for sure. Located at 6055 E. Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Township. Go to ChickiesandPetes.com for more information.
7. Gregory’s Restaurant and Bar. You can’t go wrong with a Friday happy hour at Gregory’s. Do good by dropping off a toy in the drop box, and then head inside any Friday from 3 to 7 p.m. for a happy hour that includes $5 wines, $5 tinis, $4 craft drafts (Tuckahoe $5) and $5 bites. Located at 900 Shore Road in Somers Point. Go to GregorysRestaurantandBar.LetsEat.At for more information.
St. Babs, aka Cape May County’s “Church of Rock and Roll,” is part recovery center, part the…
8. St. George’s Pub. Head into the Brigantine staple, St. George’s Pub, for top notch bar food, including a shepard’s pie to write home about, as well as a big beer selection. If you’re not in the mood to hang out at the bar, grab all the mixings for a holiday cocktail at the attached package good store while you drop off your toy in the drop box. Located at 4282 Harbor Beach Blvd. in Brigantine. Go to St. George’s Pub on Facebook for more information.
9. Charlie’s Bar. The Thomas family, owners of Charlie’s Bar, is known for its commitment to the community, so it’s only fitting that Charlie’s would be a Toys for Tots drop location. Stop by any day of the week for their legendary chicken tenders, as well as daily lunch, dinner and drink specials. Located at 800 Shore Road in Somers Point. Go to CharliesBar.com for more information.
10. Tailgaters Grille. With a full lineup of MLB, NFL and NHL games and daily happy hours from noon to 6 p.m., it’s always a good time to head into Tailgaters in Galloway. Drop off an unwrapped gift while you’re checking out their great selection of draft beers to ensure you don’t get coal in your stocking this year. Located at 337 West White Horse Pike in Galloway. Go to TailgatersNJ.com for more information.