Women everywhere let out a collective sigh when they heard that the dashing Prince Harry had proposed to long-time girlfriend Meghan Markle. Though the engagement squashed the dreams of so many hoping to be the next British princess, the royal wedding, taking place the morning of Saturday, May 19, has become a highly anticipated event. After all, another British royal of Harry’s significance won’t tie the knot until George, Charlotte and Louis give us another reason to pin on our fascinators. So, here are five ways to celebrate the royal wedding that are fit for a prince or princess.
1. Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill. Atlantic City’s only English-style pub, Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill is a natural place to celebrate the royal wedding. In honor of the occasion, the restaurant will offer a special menu Friday through Sunday, May 18 to 20, inspired by the dishes served at past royal weddings, like Diana and Charles’ and William and Kate’s. Meanwhile, TV screens throughout the restaurant will show highlights from royal weddings throughout the years, including a live broadcast of Harry and Meghan’s ceremony 7 a.m. Saturday. Plus, anyone who dines with selections from the special menu has the chance to win prizes by playing royal wedding trivia. Located in Caesars at 2100 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City. Go to Caesars.com/AtlanticCity.
“My food is so simple anyone can cook it,” says SeaSalt Chef Lulzim Rexhepi somewhat unbelie…
2. Coastal Craft Kitchen & Bar. Coastal Craft Kitchen & Bar at Harrah’s Resort will open early at 6 a.m. for its wedding viewing party. Union Jack balloons, servers in costume and a life-size cut-out of Prince Harry will add to the fun, as a brunch featuring British fry-up, strawberries and cream, tea sandwiches and more are served. Of course, the wedding will be broadcasted live, and guests can toast to the newlyweds with the Markle Sparkle, a cocktail that includes prosecco and elderflower liquor. Located in Harrah’s at 777 Harrah’s Blvd., Atlantic City. Go to Caesars.com/Harrahs-AC.
3. Congress Hall. Those taking the royal wedding very seriously will want to head to Congress Hall for a two-night, $38,000 stay package. Guests who opt in to the package will enjoy a proper English tea, including clotted cream, warm scones and jam and mimosas, delivered early to their rooms by a butler. After watching the nuptials from the comfort of their bed, guests can head out to explore Cape May, and return to snack on lemon elderflower cupcakes with buttercream icing, inspired by Harry and Meghan’s own wedding cake. The kicker? This package includes a 5.1 carat diamond ring from the jewelers at Queen May that takes on a similar style as Meghan’s ring. Located at 200 Congress Place, Cape May. Go to CapeResorts.com.
4. A Sweet Memory Cake Shoppe & Tea Room. Few things scream British tradition more than high tea, and the royal wedding is the perfect opportunity to stop into a tea room for a few courses of delightful finger foods. A Sweet Memory Cake Shoppe & Tea Room serves high tea with delicacies such as honeyed ham with apricot bacon jam, fresh baked scones served with homemade creams and jams, and an assortment of mini desserts. Reservations are required. Located at 721 S. Main St., Forked River. Go to ASweetMemory.net.
After 30 years in the Los Angeles arts scene, Bill Sterritt needed a change. Last year, he s…
5. Burger Bash. Burger Bash is a rather unconventional way to celebrate the royal wedding, but we would be remiss if we didn’t mention our sister publication’s annual celebration of all things beefy and grilled. After Meghan becomes a royal, we’ll crown our own burger kings and queens at the event, which features 18 restaurants serving up slider-sized versions of their best burgers. Enjoy all-you-can-eat for just $30 or $45 for VIP access, which includes a free T-shirt and lets you beat the crowd with admission an hour early. Burger Bash takes place at the Deck at Golden Nugget and begins at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 19, with noon admission for VIP. Located at 600 Huron Ave., Atlantic City. Go to AtlanticCityWeekly.com/BurgerBash for tickets.
*A correction has been made from an earlier version, listing the Congress Hall package price as $36,000.