It’s finally feeling like fall. With the crisp air, the leaves turning and the fireplaces lit, you might be thinking of staying in, but we have news for you — you can get your fall in a glass, too. Put on your fave fall sweater and head out with some friends before winter seeps in. Here are five seasonal cocktails perfect for autumn.
1. Alexander the Pig. You can’t have fall without the flavor of nutmeg. Head to The Doc’s Place in Somers Point for a martini that brings out the subtle flavors of fall. With Whistle Pig whiskey, simple syrup, vanilla extract, milk and a touch of nutmeg, this specialty martini will have you enjoying fall in no time. Located at 646 Bay Ave. in Somers Point. Go to TheDocsPlace.com for more information.
This past weekend I had the privilege of attending Borgata’s 10th annual Savor Borgata event…
2. Troegs Master of Pumpkins. This pumpkin ale takes the cake … er … pie. Reminiscent of pumpkin pie, Troegs Master of Pumpkins releases a palate of vanilla, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger, honey and, of course, pumpkin. Head to Wingcraft Kitchen & Beer Bar to try a pint. Located at 2010 Baltic Ave. in Atlantic City. Go to WingcraftAC.com.
3. Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider. If pumpkin pie isn’t your thing, maybe you should consider apple pie ... or apple cider. Cruise over to Lucky Bones Backwater Grill for an Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider. With a bright apple flavor, it’s like biting into a fresh apple, the quintessential fall fruit. Located at Lucky Bones Back Water at 1200 Rt. 109 South in Cape May. Go to LuckyBones.com for more.
4. Espresso Pumpkin-tini. Looking for a cocktail that can double as dessert? Head to Fred & Ethel’s Lantern Light Tavern in Smithville for an Espresso Pumpkin-tini. Made with espresso vodka, vanilla vodka, pumpkin liquor and a splash of cream, it’s as close as you can get to pie in a cocktail. Located at 1 N. New York Road. in Absecon. Go to HistoricSmithvilleNJ.com for more info.
Ladies, grab your girlfriends, sisters, mother and maybe even your mother-in-law and head to…
5. Jersey Girl. It’s a nondescript name, but the Jersey Girl has all the elements of a great fall cocktail. Made with Laird’s Applejack, Wild Turkey American Honey, Cointreau, lemon and cinnamon, it’s like a chilled hot toddy. Head to The Continental in Atlantic City for this autumnal cocktail. Located at The Pier Shops at 1 Atlantic Ocean in Atlantic City. Go to ContinentalAC.com for more.