Whether you’ve got “Moves Like Jagger” or just think “You Should Be Dancing” like John Travolta, we’re with you. There’s nothing better than a night of dancing. Lucky for us, there are plenty of places to get your Travolta moves on this week. Here are five places just begging you to tear up the dance floor.
Norma Jean Wright’s stint as one of the queens of the disco music movement was actually kind of small, when you look at the big picture.
1. The Disco Ball. Head to Borgata at 9 p.m. on Saturday night for a celebration of 40 years of disco, featuring KC & The Sunshine Band, France Joli, Lime, Norma Jean Wright & Luci Marin, Jimmy “Bo” Horne, Jackie Moore and Musique. Follow it up with drinks at the Long Bar, the perfect way to end the night. Located at 1 Borgata Way in Atlantic City. Go to TheBorgata.com for more info.
2. Boogie Nights. Any night at Boogie Nights is a night for dancing, but if you need a theme to go with your party, check out the Trop club Thursday for ’90s night, or on Friday for a Cougars and Cubs Ball, where women over 40 and men between 21 and 29 receive free admission before 11 p.m. Want to take it up a notch? Book a V.I.P. booth with bottle service. Located within The Tropicana at 2831 Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Go to BoogieNightsUSA.com for more.
3. The Boiler Room. If you prefer a range of the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s, there’s no place better to be this Friday night than The Boiler Room at Congress Hall, where Tribe is performing all your favorites including pop, funk and blues hits. Known for keeping the dance floor full, Tribe will put your dancing shoes to work. Grab a handcrafted cocktail or a craft beer while you’re at it. Located at 200 Congress Place in Cape May. Go to CapeResorts.com for more info.
4. Gypsy Bar. Want the best in live cover bands? Music you can seriously dance to? Head to Gypsy Bar at 11 p.m. Friday and tear it up with Gypsy Wisdom. With genres that include pop, rock, R&B, alternative and a bit of country, Gypsy Wisdom is the perfect band for a night of dancing. Gypsy Bar has First Friday specials that include a $6 pineapple-infused Espolon tequila shot. Located at 1 Borgata Way in Atlantic City. Go to The Borgata.com for more information.
In a case of “rising tides lifting all boats,” the reopening of the Gateway Playhouse has br…
5. Flashback Friday with Mullet. If your glory days of dancing were back in the heyday of hair bands, we’ve got good news for you. Mullet, a hair band tribute band, plays 9 p.m. Friday at Golden Nugget. With covers that span the glam band era, from Van Halen and Def Leppard to Bon Jovi, Journey and Poison, this free show is sure to have you singing and dancing all night. Grab your leopard print tees and a drink special, and hit the dance floor. Located at 600 Huron Ave. in Atlantic City. Go to GoldenNugget.com for more information.