We’re all used to workouts and water — maybe even workouts and electrolyte-fueled energy drinks or specialty juices. But what would really make a workout fun? Especially for those less inclined to work out in the first place? Alcohol. Lucky for us, working out with a cocktail is an actual thing. Here are five ways you can work out with a drink nearby.
1. Pints and Poses. We love a good craft beer. But a good craft beer after a morning yoga session? Even better. Head to Ludlam Island Brewery every Sunday at 11:30 a.m. through the summer for an hour of yoga followed by a flight of beer for $20 per person. Located at 9 Stoney Ct., Unit C in Ocean View. Go to LudlamIsland.com for more information.
Usually, Pub Scouting is a simple experience. I stop in at a bar, have a few drinks, maybe g…
2. Sun & Sand 5K. If running is more your style, check out the Sun and Sand 5K and 1 mile run in Wildwood benefiting mid-Atlantic police and fire survivors. The race starts and ends at the Elks Lodge, which means you can head straight over to Anglesea Pub or Keenan’s for a post-race pint. Go ahead … you deserve it. Located at 1st and Olde New Jersey avenues in Wildwood. Go to RunSignUp.com for more information.
3. Yoga in the Vines. Every Friday at 10 p.m. through the summer, Willow Creek Winery will host an hour of rejuvenation and replenishment followed by a post-savasana glass of sangria for $30 per person. Located at 160-168 Stevens St. in West Cape May. Go to WillowCreekWineryCapeMay.com for more information.
4. Burlesque lessons. Want to shake things up? Head to Ivan Kane’s Kiss Kiss in the Tropicana for Burlesque classes every Saturday afternoon. Private group lessons range from $75 to $100 per person and are held at 3:30 p.m., while public group lessons are $60 per person at 1:30 p.m. Taught by Ivan Kane’s World Famous Burlesque dancers, all lessons include free champagne, a feather boa and free entry into Kiss Kiss that night. Located at 2831 Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Got to KissKissNightclub.com/Reserve/Lessons for more information.
Tribute acts have become common in Atlantic City, so much so that it would actually be surpr…
5. Boat Yoga. We’ve got yoga at breweries and yoga at wineries — and now we’ve got yoga on a boat. And not just any boat. Head to the Cape May Whale Watcher for a 60-minute vinyasa-flow yoga class followed up with a complimentary mimosa for $15. Add a dolphin watch tour for an additional $15. Classes are Sundays at 7 a.m. and Mondays at 5 p.m. Located at 1218 Wilson Drive in Cape May. Go to CapeMayWhaleWatcher.com for more information.