EAST RUTHERFORD - Greetings from MetLife Stadium, where the Eagles (1-3) are trying to snap a three-game losing streak against the winless Giants (0-4).
As you know, I've picked the Eagles to bounce back from last week's embarrassing loss at Denver and beat the Giants. Just from talking to players and coaches, I got the sense they have bounced back physically and emotionally from that defeat and play up to their potential for the first time since the first half of the opener at Washington.
Here are a few Eagles' players who could play key roles in the game.
1. K Alex Henery: He's missed three field goals already this season after missing just seven total in 2011-12. MetLife doesn't pose the same problems for kickers as the old Giants Stadium did because it's enclosed.
2. S Earl Wolff: He's expected to make his second straight start in place of injured Patrick Chung. The rookie struggled against the Broncos, which means Giants WRs Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks could have big games.
3. T Lane Johnson: The rookie right tackle has also had trouble making the jump to the NFL. The Giants' pass rush has been terrible, but could pose problems.
4. TE Brent Celek: He dropped a potential TD pass at Denver in the first half. Celek and fellow TEs Zach Ertz and James Casey need to take some pressure off WR DeSean Jackson.
5. QB Michael Vick: He hasn't played badly this season, but his confidence seems to be wavering lately. The Eagles need him to step up and be a leader.