NEW ORLEANS - Greetings from the Superdome, where the Eagles will try to snap a three-game losing streak and get to .500 by beating the Saints.
As you probably read earlier, I picked the Eagles to win. The Saints' defense has been terrible all sesaon and I just think QB Michael Vick and company will be able to score enough points to pull it out.
Eagles DE Darryl Tapp will miss the game. He remained in Philadelphia to be with his wife Tiffany, who is expecting the couple's first child.
Here are a few players to keep an eye on tonight. Enjoy the game.
1. G Dennis Kelly: Danny Watkins is missing his second straight game with a mysterious ankle injury. Kelly, a rookie, played well last week against Atlanta.
2. S David Sims: Starting FS Nate Allen will miss tonight's game with a strained hamstring. Sims, who was acquired in a trade from Cleveland just before the start of the season, gets his first start of the year. Curiously, he got the nod ahead of Colt Anderson.
3. DT Mike Patterson: The eight-year veteran will be making his season debut tonight after missing the first seven games while recovering from offseason brain surgery. He won't play much, though.
4. PR Damaris Johnson: Johnson, also a rookie, lost his job a few weeks ago because of inconsistency. With Mardy Gilyard out with a hamstring injury, Johnson gets another shot.
5. CB Nnamdi Asomugha: He got beat again for a long touchdown last week against Atlanta's Julio Jones. He gets a shot at redemption tonight against Saints WR Marques Colston.