PHILADELPHIA - Greetings from Lincoln Financial Field, where the Eagles will try to open the season with back-to-back wins for the first time since 2004 today against Baltimore.
As you undoubtedly read in today's Press, I picked the Ravens to win today 24-21. The Eagles usually struggle in their home opener, having gone 4-9 under coach Andy Reid and they are 1-5 in their last 6 openers at the Linc.
Here are a few players to keep an eye on. Enjoy the game.
1. QB Michael Vick: He had a lousy performance last week against the Browns, throwing four interceptions. If he struggles again today, expect the Nick Foles chants to get even louder.
2. S Colt Anderson: Anderson, the Eagles' best special teams player, is making his season debut after missing the opener while recovering from last season's knee injury. He is a difference-maker.
3. WR DeSean Jackson: Jackson was limited in practice all week with a tight hamstring. It will be interesting to see if he's healthy enough to be a factor in the offense today.
4. WR Jeremy Maclin: Like Jackson, Maclin is also hurting. He was also limited in practice because of a hip pointer. He was the Eagles' leading receiver last week.
5. P Chas Henry: He set a franchise record by averaging 55 yards a punt last week. He had three punts over 60 yards.