Time for our weekly look at the top-five local boys and girls high school, basketball teams.
1. Holy Spirit (8-0): Spartans are in the middle of a tough stretch with games at Egg Harbor Township on Thursday, at Middle Township on Saturday and at St. Augustine Prep on Monday.
2. St. Augustine Prep (10-1): Austin Johnson (13.2 ppg) and Michael Greenman (11.5 ppg) are a formidable inside/outside combination for the Hermits.
3. Middle Township (8-3): Tom Feraco averaging 15.1 points for the Panthers.
4. Atlantic City (6-4): Vikings have struggled to find consistency mostly because of poor foul shooting.
5. Pleasantville (8-4): Two "hot" teams in contention for the No. 5 spot. Pleasantville has won five straight - all on the road. Wildwood Catholic has won five straight. Pleasantville got the edge because it beat Wildwood Catholic 54-51 on Jan. 3. But it should be noted that that victory came before the Crusaders had 6-9 St. Augustine Prep transfer James Baumgardner.
1. Sacred Heart (11-0): Sophomore transfer Kennedy Johnson scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds in her debut Tuesday night - a 73-13 win over Hammonton.
2. Middle Township (10-2): Panthers up to No. 2 after beating Ocean City 42-37 last Friday.
3. Ocean City (9-2): Red Raiders bounced back from loss to Middle Township with 31-point win over Wildwood Catholic on Tuesday.
4. Holy Spirit (7-3): Spartans are undefeated against CAL teams.
5. Atlantic City (8-2): Vikings only losses are to Holy Spirit and Middle Township by a combined total of six points.