The field is set for the first ever Cape-Atlantic League boys basketball tournament.
The CAL seeds the teams, according to several criteria.
Here are the seeds.
1. St. Augustine Prep: The Hermits get the edge of over Atlantic City because they beat the Vikings head-to-head.
2. Atlantic City: Vikings and St. Augustine both finished with 11-1 records in their respective divisions.
3. Wildwood Catholic: Crusaders and Pleasantville both finished 10-2 in the CAL United Division. They split their head-to-head meetings and both could finish undefeated in crossover games. But Wildwood Catholic gets the edge because of the "Rose Bowl" rule. The Crusaders have never played in a CAL title game. Pleasantville played in 1995 CAL contest.
4. Pleasantville: Greyhounds beat Holy Spirit head-to-head and have a better division record than Middle Township.
5. Holy Spirit: Spartans have better division record than Middle Township.
6. Middle Township
The top-two seeds get byes. Quarterfinals are Friday night with Middle Township at Wildwood Catholic and Holy Spirit at Pleasantville.
The field will be reseeded after the quarterfinals. Semifinals are Tuesday, Feb. 21 at Hammonton. The final is Saturday, Feb. 25 at Richard Stockton College of New Jersey.