The Press Elite 11, which ranks all teams that compete for South Jersey titles, runs in Monday's paper.
But once a week (probably on Tuesday), I'll rank the top-five local boys and girls teams.
Here we go.
1. St. Augustine (5-0): Hermits are the clear choice at No. 1 with the inside/outside combination of forward Austin Johnson (13.4 ppg) and guard Mike Greenman (12 ppg)
2. Atlantic City (3-2): Vikings are undefeated against CAL teams, but after watching them shoot 8-for-34 from the foul line in a sloppy win over Mainland Regional last week I don't know what to make of them. I do know Atlantic City will be even more formidable after Jahleem Montague returns from a knee injury and transfer Gabriel Chandler becomes eligible.
3. Holy Spirit (3-0): We will know more about the Spartans and Atlantic City after their game Friday night at Spirit. Guard Paul Moore averaging 20.3 for Spirit.
4. Ocean City (5-1): Matt Bosch (20.8 ppg) and Chris Turner (12.0 ppg) lead the Red Raiders.
5. Three candidates for this spot - Millville (3-1); Middle Township (4-1); Lower Cape May (5-1). We'll take Middle for now despite a one-point loss at Millville.
1. Ocean City (5-1): Red Raiders are banged up but still the best.
2. Sacred Heart (5-0): Lions own wins over Middle Township and Atlantic Christian
3. OLMA (4-1): The Villagers play at Ocean City on Jan. 11
4. Middle Township (5-1): Only loss was to Sacred Heart and beat Atlantic City (4-1) by a point.
5. Cedar Creek (5-0): The Pirates host Middle Township today