A homeless man accidentally started a fire in a vacant home in Egg Harbor Township Thursday morning.
Township Fire Inspector Don Stauffer said the fire started in the one story bungalow at 4:40 a.m. when the man knocked over a sterno container.
The fire damaged three rooms in the house – which Stauffer said has been vacant for ten years – before the blaze was under control about half an hour after it began.
Fire companies from Cardiff, Farmington, Bargaintown and Northfield responded to the blaze.
Police could not immediately be reached for information on the man and if charges were made.