Galloway Township will apply for FEMA money to elevate homes in the township.

The township stresses an application does not mean it will be accepted but those interested can apply by Tuesday.

Under the FEMA program, the federal agency will pay 75 percent of the costs and the homeowner will pay the other 25 percent.

Those interested must supply their name, address, block and lot number, phone number, and email address to the township’s Office of Emergency Management.

The office can be reached by phone at 609-652-3705 ext. 206, fax at 609-652-1967 or email at The information can also be dropped off at City Hall at 300 E. Jimmie Leeds Road in Galloway.