Here in South Jersey, there are plenty of places to grab a beer. But there are only a few events that truly celebrate all things hops and barley So, beer-lovers can rejoice in the prospect of not one, but five beer festivals taking place in the area soon.
1. 5th Annual Resorts Atlantic City Beerfest. With over 65 different craft beers from around the country, beer is the name of the game at Resorts Beerfest, 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16. Featuring live entertainment by Weird Science and regional breweries like Tuckahoe Brewing Company, Forgotten Boardwalk, Flying Fish and Beach, the event will be a great time to get your brew on. Tickets are $30. Located at 1133 Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Go to ResortsAC.com for more information.
Two Atlantic City casino properties that have carved out niches in the craft-brewery craze a…
2. 7th Annual Craft Beer Festival. Looking to sample some brews from across the pond? Head to the 7th Annual Craft Beer Festival at Golden Nugget, where an international section lets you sample suds from England, Belgium and Germany in addition to the 99 varieties of craft beers from over 30 different US-based breweries. The Beer Festival takes place 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday, with VIP admission beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $59. Located at Huron Avenue and Brigantine Boulevard in Atlantic City. Go to GoldenNugget.com for more information.
3. Harvest Brew Fest. If local is your style, head to Harvest Brew Fest in Cape May. This all day, all-things-local festival starts 10 a.m. Saturday, with live music from The Capers at 10 a.m., Loud ‘n’ Klear at noon, Hevee Levee at 2 p.m. and Love Me Dudes at 4 p.m. Tap into local craft beers, food vendors and artisans. Better yet? Admission to this shindig is free. Located at 1048 Washington St. on the grounds of the Physick Estate in Cape May. Go to CapeMayMac.org for more information.
4. Jack Daniel’s Atlantic City Smoke on the Water BBQ Championship. OK, let’s be honest … this isn’t exactly a beer festival. It’s a BBQ championship. But what better way to enjoy an icy cold one than with fiery BBQ? Head to Golden Nugget Friday through Sunday, Sept. 15 to 17, and indulge in a day of live music, unrivaled BBQ and beer. Located at Huron Avenue and Brigantine Boulevard. Go to SmokeOnTheWaterBBQ.com for more information.
“No frills, no fuss … just fresh!” That’s the motto at Outlaw’s Burger Barn & Creamery, …
5. Savor September Wine, Beer & Food Festival. Can’t make it out this weekend? We’ve got you covered. Head to the 6th Annual Savor September Food, Wine and Beer Festival from noon to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23, and dive into a day of oyster and clam shucking, art, live music and, of course, two large tasting tents with beer and wine vendors including 7 Mile, Slack Tide and Cape May Breweries. What’s the ticket cost? Nada. Located at 212 96th St. in Stone Harbor. Go to StoneHarborNJ.org for more information.