1. The contest is open to students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
2. Young authors must come up with the ending for the story we’ve supplied (available in print today and online at pressofac.com/halloween).
3. All entries must be the original work of the student and no longer than 300 words. Typed entries are encouraged.
4. Students are encouraged to submit 8.5- by 11-inch illustrations separately with their stories (do not attach illustrations to story). While the artwork will not be judged, some drawings will appear in print or in an online gallery. To be included all Illustrations must be submitted on a separate piece of paper and must include the student’s name, grade and school.
5. All entries and drawings including email entries MUST include the student’s name, school, grade and contact information (email or telephone number) or they will not be accepted.
6. Deadline for entries is 5 p.m. Oct. 13.
7. Mail entries to: Halloween Story, c/o Gail Wilson, The Press of Atlantic City, 1000 W. Washington Ave., Pleasantville, NJ, 08232 or email to Halloween@pressofac.com. Include “Halloween Story” in the subject line.
8. Stories or artwork cannot be returned.
9. Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of The Press staff.
10. All winners must be willing to have their photo taken and appear in a video reading their submission to be posted on The Press website.