To register for assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency, call 800-621-3362 or go to Be prepared to provide your Social Security number, a phone number where you can easily be reached, the address of the damaged property, your current address, a brief description of the damage or loss, insurance information and your bank account information. You also can apply in person at disaster recovery centers in Mays Landing at the Hamilton Mall, 4403 Blackhorse Pike, in Stafford Township at the Old Township Building, 775 East Bay Ave., or Ocean City at the community center, 1735 Simpson Ave. (open until Thursday). 

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.