Dear Franny the Shopaholic: I was wondering if you can find the type of beach chair with wheels attached. The wheels make it easy for walking to the beach. I tried Amazon.com, which normally has everything. — Lois K., Margate
Dear Lois: Get a Rio Folding Beach Chair on Wheels for $45 at thehunt.com. I emailed you the link.
Dear Franny the Shopaholic: I need two wooden rocking chairs for a porch, under $100. — David L.
Dear David: Get solid wood weather-resistant rocking chairs at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet for $49.99 each.
Dear Franny the Shopaholic: I am trying to find a lounge chair for my bedroom in white, tan or light color in a faux leather or vinyl because of my dogs. Please, under $1,000. — Sophia D., Egg Harbor Township
Dear Sophia: How does real leather sound? Go to Kirklands.com, which has a cream leather chaise lounge chair, regularly $499.99, on sale for $399.99 with free shipping to any of their stores (there is one in Mays Landing). They also have an app called Spin & Win, through which you can get an additional discount. I emailed you the link.
Dear Franny the Shopaholic: I am looking for a large remnant 14-by-20-foot CHEAP rug to cover an enclosed carport that will be used for crafts, so color or material doesn’t matter. — Lizzie
Dear Lizzie: I would try Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Big Lots or Christmas Tree Shops. For Christmas Tree Shops, sign up online for their emails and get a $10 off $50 purchase. You may also get lucky at Ross, Marshall’s or TJ Maxx. Home Depot and Lowe’s sometimes have remnants in big bins at the back of the stores near the carpet area.
Irene C., of Galloway Township, wrote to let Cathy G. know that Old Orchard brand frozen lemonade concentrate in a 12-ounce size is available at the Galloway ShopRite. Dee L., of Egg Harbor Township, wrote that Minute Maid frozen lemonade is available at the ShopRite in Egg Harbor Township. Dee also mentions they carry other brands that are less expensive.
Joe M. wrote in to let Irene R., of Brigantine, know that since his Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner stopped working, he puts the refill solution in a spray bottle and sprays it six or seven times.
Steals of the week
• Asparagus: $1.49 per pound.
• Friendly’s 48-ounce ice cream: $2.50.
• Lay’s 8-ounce kettle chips or 10-ounce potato chips: $2.50.
• Drake’s family pack cakes: $1.88.
• Large sea scallops: $12.99 per pound (jumbo size $14.99 per pound).
• JP O’Reilly’s Corned Beef Brisket: $1.88 per pound with the coupon in the circular from Sunday’s Press.
• ShopRite 1-pound butter quarters: $2.99.
• Cabbage: 19 cents per pound.
• Hanes six-pack of men’s or women’s socks:
• Legg’s Sheer Energy pantyhose: $1.99.
• A Shark Garment Care Steamer, regularly $69.99, is on sale for $29.99 at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet.
• Physicians Formula foundation, face powder, concealer, blush and bronzers are 40 percent off at Rite Aid.
• Maxwell House coffee is $1.99 at JR’s Fresh Market. Gorton’s Seafood is half price, plus spend $25 on frozen food and get $5 off instantly.
• Powerade 32-ounce bottles are 85 cents at Dollar General.
• A Just The Basics case of bottled water is $2.49 at CVS.
• Architect Jean Co. jeans, regularly $28 to $30, are on sale at Boscov’s for $12.99. Men’s Adolfo or Adolfo Red suits are $79.98.
• Glass blocks, 6-inch LED letters, or 7-inch mirrored letters, regularly $9.99, are half price for $5 at A.C. Moore.
• Get a Spalding 44-inch NBA backboard, regularly $179.99, on sale for $129 at Target.
Can you help?
Nancy, of Atlantic City, wrote in to ask if anyone knows of a person near her that does excellent silk nail wraps. She said her gentleman retired after 20 years.
Email questions of general interest to Franny D’Angelo at FrannyShopaholic@aol.com.