ATLANTIC CITY — After months of uncertainty, the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority approved $4.325 million in supplemental funding for the 2019 Miss America Competition.

Following an executive session, the CRDA Board of Directors voted to approve the fund reservation in accordance with a 2016 agreement with the Miss America Organization and Dick Clark Productions.

“The CRDA is encouraged by the Miss America Organization’s description that the 2019 competition will be updated to include a focus on women’s empowerment and other related programs,” said Robert E. Mulcahy III, board chairman.

A date for the pageant was not announced during Tuesday’s public meeting.

The Miss America Organization said in a statement it was pleased with the CRDA’s decision and told fans to stay tuned for more announcements regarding the future of the pageant.

“The Miss America Organization is pleased with CRDA’s action today to reserve funds to advance an iconic women’s empowerment program,” the organization said in a statement. “The vote signifies a partnership between MAO, CRDA and the state of New Jersey to work together to produce the next generation of female leaders. Today’s action is the first step in more announcements to come soon about a new Miss America.”

In years past, announcements about the competition at Boardwalk Hall and the national television broadcast were made in early February.

The future of the competition had been in flux following a scandal in December that led to the ouster of CEO Sam Haskell, Chief Operating Officer Josh Randle, board Chairwoman Lynn Weidner and several other board members.

Haskell, who had been at the helm of the organization for a decade, was removed after a string of his emails were leaked that exposed multiple conversations he had with board members and employees about past contestants’ weight, sexual history and tactics to ruin their post-Miss America careers.