Absecon issues storm cleanup guidelines
The city of Absecon is distributing the following information to its residents regarding cleanup from the storm:
- All contractors must remove all waste they generate, including leaves, brush, trees and construction material.
- Residents can move leaves and branches to the curb, separate leaves from branches and containerize branches to the degree possible. Cut limbs into four foot lengths. Do not block storm drains or fire hydrants with debris.
- The city will begin leaf collection with leaf machines on Monday. Collections will be done based on volume not on the zones system.
- Branches and large limbs will be collected after the leaves, if your leaves are gone and branches remain, be patient, we’ll be back.
- There are no plans for dumpsters at this time.
- The Atlantic County Utilities Authority has resumed normal collection schedules for trash, recycling and yard waste. Please be sure your containers are accessible and not obstructed by leaves or branches.
- Please do not block the streets, storm drains or fire hydrants with debris.
- Residents with questions may call Bob Battista at 609-641-0663 x105.