- If you go
- A Pinelands Commission meeting, followed by a Plan Review Committee meeting, is set for 9:30 a.m. Friday at the Richard J. Sullivan Center, 15C Springfield Road, New Lisbon.
- The 25th annual Pinelands Short Course on the history, ecology, culture and music of the 1.1-million acre Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey is set for 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 8 at Richard Stockton College in Galloway Township. Call 609 894-7300, ext. 125, or visit nj.gov/pinelands. Register by Friday at https://pssb.stockton.edu/flexreg/index.jsp?frc=PNLD
- A public hearing on the first set of proposed amendments to the Pinelands Comprehensive Management Plan, under the fourth comprehensive plan review, is scheduled for 7 p.m. March 26 at the Richard J. Sullivan Center, 15C Springfield Road, New Lisbon.
- Proposed Changes
The following are the highlights of the first set of proposed changes in the Pinelands Commission Comprehensive Management Plan, under fourth plan review.
Commission applications would no longer be needed to:
- repave existing parking lots or sidewalks or other paved surfaces
- run a business out of a home, if there is no increase in the size of the building and parking area
- change from one nonresidential use to another, if the building is served by public sewer and the size remains unchanged
- build certain additions or accessory structures of up to 4,999 square feet on or under an impervious surface and up to 1,000 square feet on open surface, if no wastewater flows are generated
- “Immediate family” to refer to “spouses” and “domestic partners” rather than “husbands and wives.”
- Letters of Interpretation are good for five years rather than two.
- Wastewater technology updated for smaller lots.
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:20 pm
Atlantic County News,
Cape May County News,
Cumberland County News,
Ocean County News
Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:20 pm.