Sunday morning fire on Shore Road in Northfield.

Police said Sunday that a fire that started in an electrical outlet damaged the rear porch of a Shore Road home.

Latest Video

Passersby Vasileios Mantikas, of Somers Pont, stopped when he smelled smoke on his way to work. He called for help and said he "was just banging on everything to try and get (the homeowner's ) attention."

Police and fire crews were called to the home after 6:30 a.m. Sunday. Police entered the home to get any occupants out, but no one was inside the residence.

No one was injured in the blaze and the damage was limited to a rear porch, police said.

Recommended for you

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.