A family of five was displaces from their home after an electrical fire in the bathroom resulted in severe damage in Mullica Township.

Firefighters received the call at about 2:30 p.m., said Elwood fire company assistant chief Louis Critelli.

The fire damaged the bathroom and there was minor smoke and water damage, he said. Firefighters had to put a hole in the roof to ventilate the home, and the fire was under control after about half an hour.

The American Red Cross assisted the family by providing them with linens and food, but the family was able to stay with family until the house is safe to move back into.

Anjalee Khemlani

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.