UPPER TOWNSHIP— Firefighters responded to an early morning fire Friday when a couple awoke to a smoke alarm at about 12:30 in Woodbine.

Cape May County fire officials determined the fire began in the chimney and spread to surrounding walls in the home on Cedar Avenue.

Latest Video

Marmora, Tuckahoe and Seaville firefighters responded.

No injuries were reported, police said.

 

-Anjalee Khemlani

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.