Nick Regine, 63, of Somers Point, has no children and never discussed with anyone who would take care of him if he needs help and his wife dies before he does.
Dennis Bartley, 62, of Brigantine, has a living will and a will designating power of attorney and executor of his estate.
- The cost of care
New Jersey’s 65 and older population was 1,185,993, according to the the 2010 census. The state’s senior population is expected to grow to 1,916,700 by 2030, the year all baby boomers will be age 65 or older, according to the state’s Department of Labor. The following is a comparison of the current average annual costs for types of senior care in the Atlantic City-Hammonton market, according to the AARP:
* A private room in a nursing home: $98,550.
* A semi-private room in a nursing home: $91,250
* A private room with assisted living: $50,670
* Adult day care five days per week: $22,360
* Home health aide service five hours per week: $5,200
* Homemaker services, five hours per week: $4,714
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:00 am
Atlantic County News,
Cape May County News,
Cumberland County News,
New Jersey News,
Today's Top Stories
Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:00 am.