Students at the William Davies Middle School have been dismissed after being evacuated Thursday morning for a non-harmful odor in the building.
Hamilton police said the odor was caused by a blocked sewer drain located in one of the science labs. There was no gas leak in the school, police said and the problem was fixed.
Superintendent Michelle Cappelluti said the students stood outside for a while first at the Davies school and then to Oakcrest High School, she said. They were later taken to the George L. Hess Complex for lunch and were dismissed this afternoon.
The tank will be cleaned and Cappelluti said the school will be open Friday.
Contact Joel Landau:
Follow Joel Landau on Twitter @landaupressofac