Galloway fire

Firefighters respond to a house fire at 350 Elton Lane in Galloway Township.

Joel Landau

GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP -- Firefighters are removing debris after extinguishing a house fire at 350 Elton Lane this afternoon.

Latest Video

Galloway Fire Chief Ron Garbutt said the fire started in the garage when a propane tank used for cooking was left unattended. The house sustained heat and smoke damage throughout and is uninhabitable, he said.

A family of six lives in the home. A female adult relative who was cooking sustained burns and was treated on the scene by Galloway emergency personnel. No other injuries were reported.

Recommended for you

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.