One person suffered burn injuries from a fire in Galloway Township this morning.

The fire was first reported at about 3:45 a.m on Bally Bunion Drive at the Blue Heron Pines Apartments, police said.

All occupants of the four-unit townhouse were evacuated, and one person suffered burns to the hand, police said. He was treated at the scene.

The fire was started by a lit cigarette, police said. It ignited a mattress and the flames then spread to the entire building.

Three residents, residing in two units of the townhome, were given aid with relocation by the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army, police said.