One person suffered burn injuries from a fire in Galloway Township this morning.

The fire was first reported at about 3:45 a.m on Bally Bunion Drive at the Blue Heron Pines Apartments, police said.

Latest Video

All occupants of the four-unit townhouse were evacuated, and one person suffered burns to the hand, police said. He was treated at the scene.

The fire was started by a lit cigarette, police said. It ignited a mattress and the flames then spread to the entire building.

Three residents, residing in two units of the townhome, were given aid with relocation by the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army, police said.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.