- Christmas violence
There have been 10 instances of violence in the region in the past 11 Christmas holidays:
- Two people were killed in a shootout following an attempted Christmas Eve burglary at the Maritime Tavern in Atlantic City in 2002.
- A 45-year-old Bridgeton man was killed during a robbery on Pearl Street on Christmas Eve in 2003.
- A man was shot in the thigh at 3 a.m. Dec. 26, 2005, on the 700 block of Florence Avenue in Vineland.
- An 18-year-old was fatally shot in his mother’s home in Atlantic City during a domestic dispute at 4 a.m. Dec. 26, 2006.
- Two men were shot during an armed robbery on the 300 block of Haven Avenue in Ocean City on Christmas Eve in 2007.
- An 18-year-old Bridgeton man was fatally shot on Christmas Eve in 2008 at the Bridgeton Villas apartments on Cottage Avenue.
- Two brothers, ages 18 and 19, were shot at the Stanley Holmes Village apartments in Atlantic City on Christmas Day in 2010.
- A 28-year-old Somers Point man was shot at the Marina Del Rey Apartments off Delilah Road and Atlantic Avenue in Pleasantville on Christmas Eve in 2011. He died Christmas Day.
- A 52-year-old man was punched in the face on Christmas Eve in 2011 near a bus stop next to Caesars Atlantic City and died a week later.
- Three people were shot during a Christmas party at the St. Anthony’s Greek Orthodox Church hall in Vineland at 1 a.m. Dec. 26 this year.
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:00 am
Atlantic County News,
Cape May County News,
Cumberland County News,
Ocean County News
Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:00 am.