The Atlantic City teenager wanted in the killing of a seventh-grader last week has turned himself in.

Authorities have confirmed that Jerome Ford, 14, is in custody.

Ford is charged with murder and other offenses in the fatal shooting of Angel Mercado-Santiago. Mercado-Santiago had just left Pennsylvania Avenue School when an altercation between a group of teens resulted in Ford allegedly pulling out a gun and firing several shots.

Mercado-Santiago was shot in the chest and abdomen. A 15-year-old Atlantic City High School student suffered a wound to his leg. His name is not being released.

Ford turned himself in at his lawyer, Joseph Swift's, Northfield office with his family and pastor, Swift said.

On Friday, acting Atlantic County First Assistant Prosecutor Diane Ruberton announced charges had been filed against a 14-year-old in the case. She did not release the name due to his age. But The Press of Atlantic City obtained a law enforcement flier that listed Ford's name and photo, along with a warning that he should be considered "armed and dangerous."

But Swift said that "I think, after a complete investigation, it will be clear that this was not a murder."

Ford will be placed in the Harborfields Juvenile Detention Center in Egg Harbor City. Ruberton previously indicated Ford would be waived up to adult court.

A rally against the violence is planned for 5 p.m. Monday in response to the killing.

The event will be held at Union Baptist Temple at 335 N. Pennsylvania Ave., near both the school and  the shooting scene on Route 30. It is sponsored by the Great Atlantic City Faith Leaders, which also led the community walks over the past two years.