- Food and water distribution
Vineland Ministries Fellowship Agency at the First United Methodist Church at Seventh Street and Landis Avenue in Vineland is open for city residents only from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays. The food bank is closed on the first Wednesday and Friday of the month. Vineland residents can also get ice and water at Vineland Fire Station #4 at 1500 E. Oak Road from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Residents must show identification.
The Salvation Army will do emergency food referral at 29 W. Commerce St. in Bridgeton for Bridgeton and Upper Deerfield Township residents. The referrals are available from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Food eligibility is for every other month. Residents seeking food referrals must provide identification and a referral from the local or county Office of Emergency Management.
- Thomas Wallace Middle School at 688 Mill Road in Vineland is open 24 hours a day.
- Another cooling station at the Fairfield Township Elementary School at 375 Gouldtown-Woodruff Road is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Vineland police announced the city opened a cooling center at Vineland Fire Station #2 at 876 E. Sherman Ave. The center is open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- In Commercial Township, the Laurel Lake Volunteer Fire Department at 5436 Battle Lane will remain open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. until all residents in that area have their electricity restored.
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 6:09 pm
Cumberland County News,
Friday, July 6, 2012 6:09 pm.