MIDDLE TOWNSHIP — One of the suspects charged with murder in connection to the death of a Lower Township teenager is scheduled to appear in court Friday after missing his last status hearing.
Charles Mosley, 33, recently of Middle Township, didn’t show up to a Nov. 18 status hearing due to illness, according to his attorney, Ed Weinstock.
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP — One of the men charged with murder in connection with the death of 15-year…
“He was literally sick, meaning vomiting,” Weinstock said.
Mosley and Derrick Powers, 23, also recently of Middle Township, are charged in connection to the rape, murder and dismemberment of 15-year-old Nicole Angstadt, whose remains were found last December almost two weeks after her family reported her missing.
Powers did appear for the Nov. 18 hearing, where First Assistant Prosecutor Rob Johnson said he was in the process of sharing evidence with the attorneys for both men.
That evidence will include taped testimonies and transcribed statements from Powers, Mosley and Powers’ brother, LaQuan Harris, Johnson said.
Harris and Powers are charged in a separate case involving two armed robberies in Cape May County last year. Johnson said Harris has agreed to testify against Mosley and his brother as part of a plea agreement related to that case.
Mosley, who is being held on $1 million bail at Cape May County Correctional Center, pleaded not guilty in August to murder, aggravated sexual assault, criminal trespass, endangering the welfare of a child, conspiracy and disturbing human remains.
In August, prosecutors said Mosley admitted to detectives he raped and dismembered the 15-year-old Lower Township girl.
At Mosley’s arraignment, Judge Porto said the Prosecutor’s Office had a plea offer for 30 years in prison on the table.
Weinstock said earlier this year that he will argue that Powers was responsible for Angstadt’s killing.