(NAPSI)—You don’t have to take Santa’s sleigh to enjoy traveling this holiday season—or at any time—if you heed a few hints:
• Pack wisely: Put such essentials as phone chargers, important travel documents, music player, medications and snacks in your carry-on bag.
• Maximize membership rewards: Using something like American Express Membership Rewards points can offset travel costs for a portion or all of a flight, prepaid hotel, rental car, cruise or vacation booking. In addition, unlike many rewards programs, there are no blackout dates.
• Holiday helpers: Higher airfare prices and hotel rates are two of the biggest frustrations of holiday travel, but travel agents can provide a level of expertise, service and knowledge of the industry that can help.
• Take advantage of card benefits: Platinum Card members have access to more than 600 airport lounges worldwide and an annual $200 airline credit that can be applied toward baggage fees, in-flight food and entertainment, and more.
• Learn more at www.americanexpress.com and 800-528-4800.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)