We understand that privacy is very important to our visitors. We want to make sure that you understand why we collect certain information, how we use it, and how we protect it. We want our guests to feel confident that their information is handled with great care.
How do I know my information is safe on pressofAtlanticCity.com?
We collect information from our visitors for the sole purpose of improving pressofAtlanticCity.com and providing more and better services to our visitors.
The only times we will divulge a visitor's personal information to a third party are disclosed in this policy. We may also disclose information:
- If we believe in good faith that the law requires such disclosure.
- If we need to disclose the information in order to identify, contact or initiate legal action against someone violating pressofAtlanticCity.com's Terms of Service, or someone who is causing injury to or interference with pressofAtlanticCity.com's rights or property, other pressofAtlanticCity.com users, or anyone else who can be harmed by such activities.
In the event pressofAtlanticCity.com contracts with an outside research firm, we may provide your contact information to the research firm to contact you regarding participation in surveys, focus groups or other research activities that will help us improve pressofAtlanticCity.com's products and services. The research firm will be bound by its contract with pressofAtlanticCity.com to use your information strictly for pressofAtlanticCity.com research purposes, to keep your information confidential, and to adequately secure or destroy its records of your information when the research is complete.
What information does pressofAtlanticCity.com collect?
When you register with pressofAtlanticCity.com, we collect the following information from you:
- E-mail address
- Name, address and telephone number
- Press of Atlantic City account number
In addition to information obtained through registration, The Press of Atlantic City obtains information from you when you purchase advertising or start a newspaper subscription, sign up for contests, promotions, notices, email alerts or promotional offers, such as MyShoreDeals. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and what you have purchased. This information constitutes personally identifiable information.
We may also use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our Website pages and promotions, or we may allow our third party service providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a non-personally identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our Website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our affiliates and/or marketing partners for the same purposes.
From time to time, pressofAtlanticCity.com will conduct surveys on its site for research purposes. When you participate in a survey, the information you provide about yourself and your responses are collected by pressofAtlanticCity.com. We will always inform you how we will use this information.
If you contact pressofAtlanticCity.com, we may keep a record of your correspondence.
pressofAtlanticCity.com also tracks and collects non-personally identifiable information which does not identify a specific visitor. Non-personally identifiable information may include the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the website your visited before coming to our Website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving our Website, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. pressofAtlanticCity.com tracks computer IP addresses to help with system administration and to compile information about traffic patterns on the site. Computer IP addresses identify computers and the networks or Internet service providers to which they are connected. We, and/or our authorized third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect this information when you visit our Website through the use of electronic tools like cookies and web beacons or pixel tags, as described below. We use non-personally identifiable information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities, We may also share this information with our authorized third party service providers and advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
Cookies and how pressofAtlanticCity.com uses them
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred from a Web server through your browser and stored on the hard drive of your computer. The cookie contains your user name and password so that when you log on, the Web server recognizes you.
General statistical information
Visits to pressofAtlanticCity.com are monitored to gather statistical information, including the number of visits to the site, the pages visited, which domains visitors come from and the browsers used to visit the site. This data is accumulated at the aggregate level. We may use third parties to gather, collect and report on this non-personally identifiable information.
This statistical information enables us to evaluate the effectiveness of the services we provide, to monitor site performance and to make it easier for visitors to use the site.
Conversely, if you are not currently registered as an pressofAtlanticCity.com user and you click on "Sign in Using Facebook," you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join pressofAtlanticCity.com. Once you register on our Website and Connect with Facebook, you will be able to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook. You have the option to disable Facebook Connect at any time by logging into "My Profile" and clicking on "My Facebook Profile." Further, you can edit privacy settings for the reviews that appear on Facebook or disconnect this service by visiting the Facebook Application Settings page.
How does pressofAtlanticCity.com use the information it gathers?
Information collected on pressofAtlanticCity.com, including traffic patterns and user behavior, is used primarily for the following purposes:
- Internal research. pressofAtlanticCity.com is continuously assessing how visitors use the site. This data assists us in making decisions about how to improve the site and to better serve our users. Research data are aggregated and do not include data about specific individuals. We may share aggregated research (but not individual user information) with our advertisers or business partners. Additionally, pressofAtlanticCity.com may use your information to contact you to ask for your participation in a focus group, survey, or some other type of research effort.
- To customize your experience on pressofAtlanticCity.com. As pressofAtlanticCity.com improves its service, it may offer users more opportunities to customize content and other aspects of the site. Information provided by you may be used to assist in the customization process, if you elect to participate in these features.
- To tailor advertising efforts. Most of the information and services available to you at pressofAtlanticCity.com are free. In order to continue providing services free of charge, pressofAtlanticCity.com sells advertising. Advertisers prefer to target their communication toward audiences who are most likely to be interested in their products. The information gathered on pressofAtlanticCity.com helps us advise advertisers in general terms about certain aspects of site visitors (e.g. how visitors use the site, general demographic attributes of visitors, usage patterns on various parts of our site, etc.). This information helps both advertisers and pressofAtlanticCity.com make better decisions about where to place advertising. This information may also be used to send targeted marketing, such as emails, to users that we think would be interested in such marketing. Visitors who choose to conduct financial transactions with advertisers on pressofAtlanticCity.com may also provide specific data to those advertisers during the process of their transactions. Additionally, any information provided during the purchase of pressofAtlanticCity.com or Press of Atlantic City products or services will result in the collection of certain information required to complete the transaction.
- To use third party service providers. We provide some services and products through third parties. These third party service providers may perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing promotional emails. We may share your personally identifiable information with such service providers as necessary to allow those service providers to fulfill orders, send mail or email, administer contests or sweepstakes, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Website, troubleshoot, or provide customer service. We may also collect personal information from individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships ("Affiliates") and may share your information with service providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. For example, when you order a service, the third party payment processor we use releases your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for the service. The use of your personally identifiable information by these third parties is governed by the privacy policies of these third parties and is not subject to our control.
More specifically, here is how pressofAtlanticCity.com may use information you provide:
- E-mail addresses. If you supply pressofAtlanticCity.com with your e-mail address, either by registering on the site, by communicating with us via e-mail, or signing up for promotional offers or emails (e.g. MyShoreDeals), we may, from time to time, send you information that we believe would be of interest to you via e-mail. This information may be from pressofAtlanticCity.com, the Press of Atlantic City, or sent by us on behalf of one of our quality advertisers. Note: If we send you e-mail on behalf of another company, your personally identifiable information is not disclosed to that company unless you purchase a product or service from that company in which case it may need your information to fulfill your purchase. Rather, the company provides us with the information it wants to send, and we prepare and send the e-mail directly to you. We may use a third party service provider to manage or send emails on our behalf, but that third party is only authorized to use your information as necessary to send our email to you and it is not authorized to sell or transfer your information.
- Postal addresses. If you supply pressofAtlanticCity.com with your postal address, we may send you periodic mailings with information on new products, coming events, surveys or other research materials, or other information we think might be of interest to you.
- Telephone numbers. If you provide your telephone number or cell phone number, pressofAtlanticCity.com may call or text you regarding orders you have placed online, to tell you about new products, services, or coming events, or to offer other information that may interest you. Additionally, pressofAtlanticCity.com, the Press of Atlantic City or one of their agents may call you for research purposes.
- Sale transaction information. From time to time, we provide offers from our advertisers who, as part of their offer, request information on customers who purchased their offer in order to allow the advertiser to fulfill the purchase. In those cases, we share some of your personally identifiable information with that advertiser. Sharing this Information may allow that advertiser to market directly to you should it choose to do so. However, we will only share personally identifiable information with an advertiser if you provide us that information and enter into a transaction with that advertiser on or through our Website. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of such advertiser.
- Business transfer. We may also share your information in the case our business is sold or transferred. If this occurs, the successor company would acquire the information we maintain, including personally identifiable information.
Finally, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
What if I don't want pressofAtlanticCity.com to contact me?
You may opt out of any or all contacts from pressofAtlanticCity.com at any time. All e-mails sent to you from pressofAtlanticCity.com will allow to opt out of any further e-mail from us. You may e-mail us at webmaster@pressofAC.com to opt out of our email programs. You may also write or call us at the following address and phone number to notify us regarding use of your information: 1000 W. Washington Ave, Pleasantville NJ 08232; (609) 272-7000.
When you register on pressofAtlanticCity.com, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of further communication from us.
You may accept certain kinds of contact and decline others. For example, you may choose to accept e-mails, but not postal mail or telephone calls.
If, at anytime in the future, pressofAtlanticCity.com decides to use information provided by you in a way not described here, we will contact you beforehand to explain the use of the information and give you the opportunity to decline that use.
pressofAtlanticCity.com uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. When we transfer or receive certain types of sensitive data, such as financial information, we will redirect you to a secure server. We have implemented appropriate security measures in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure all of the time. We employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to do business with companies which do the same, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our Website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
Making corrections to your information
Upon request, you may review all information that we maintain in your record, including unique identifier , contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail), or any other information we may keep in your record.
You may also request that inaccuracies be corrected in any information that we maintain in your record.
Submit your request by contacting pressofAtlanticCity.com via e-mail, postal mail, or telephone.
You may telephone us at (609) 272-7000. You may write to us at:
1000 West Washington Avenue
Pleasantville, NJ 08232