Staff Writer David Weinberg's weekly rankings (last week's ranking in parentheses).
Biggest rise: Detroit (25th to 18th)
Biggest fall: Minnesota (12th to 19th)
1. San Francisco (1) - Foes need a plan besides intimidation.
2. Denver (2) - Manning-Welker connection already in sync.
3. Seattle (3) - Every road win is a plus.
4. Baltimore (4) - Ravens should bounce back this week.
5. New England (5) - Patriots treading water until they get healthier.
6. Houston (10) - Texans can never be counted out.
7. Indianapolis (9) - Colts survive scare from Raiders.
8. New Orleans (11) - Payton's influence is huge.
9. Green Bay (6) - Pass defense needs a lot of work.
10. Atlanta (7) - Matty Ice can't do it alone.
11. Philadelphia (15) - Kelly's offense is the talk of the NFL.
12. Chicago (17) - Offensive line was surprisingly solid.
13. St. Louis (14) - Rams are no fluke.
14. Cincinnati (8) - Loss to Bears was a hard knock.
15. Dallas (19) - Cowboys' defense was impressive.
16. New York Giants (13) - Is Tiki Barber available?
17. Tennessee (22) - Titans defense controlled Big Ben.
18. Detroit (25) - Suh's temper is their biggest problem.
19. Minnesota (12) - Adrian Peterson was invisible after first carry.
20. Washington (16) - Robert Griffin III shook the rust off too late.
21. Pittsburgh (18) - Injuries are taking a toll.
22. Kansas City (23) - Big win for Big Red.
23. Tampa Bay (20) - Stupid penalty cost them a win.
24. San Diego (21) - Great first half not enough.
25. Miami (30) - Nice win in Rob Chudzinski's coaching debut.
26. Carolina (24) - Defense played well enough to win.
27. Cleveland (26) - Browns need a new quarterback.
28. Arizona (27) - Cardinals looked good in a loss.
29. Buffalo (28) - Respectable effort vs. Patriots.
30. New York Jets (32) - Geno Smith has a long way to go.
31. Oakland (29) - Almost upset the Colts.
32. Jacksonville (31) - Jaguars still looking for their first TD.
David Weinberg, 609-272-7186