Defending champion Chuck Gowdy won the 32nd annual Cape May Beach Patrol Superathlon on Monday night.
Gowdy won the run-row-swim triathlon for lifeguards in a time of 39 minutes, 45 seconds, bettering his winning time of last year by nearly three seconds.
Michael Barrett of Ocean Beach II in Ocean County finished in second for the second year in a row in 40:29.
1. Charles Gowdy (Margate): 39.45
2. Michael Barrett (Ocean Beach II): 40:29
3. Ryan Meyer (Wildwood): 40:37
4. Dan Brady (Ocean City): 41:27
5. Steve Mogck (Cape May): 42:21
6. Tim Schwegman (Longport): 42:43
7. Bill Webster (Harvey Cedars): 43:24
8. John Steiger (Wildwood Crest): 43:35
9. Marty Hagen (North Wildwood): 44:01
10. Andy Radcliff (Stone Harbor): 44.34.