The Press Preseason Elite 11
A ranking of public schools that compete for South Jersey titles and non-public teams in Atlantic, Burlington, Cape May, Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester, Salem and southern Ocean counties. Rankings selected by The Press high school sports staff based on staff observations, research and interviews with players and coaches. Last year's record in parentheses.
1. St. Joseph (10-0): The defending state Non-Public I champion and last year's No. 1 Elite 11 team.
2. Timber Creek (12-0): Won the South Jersey Group III title last season.
3. Hammonton (9-3): Blue Devils reached the South Jersey Group III final last season.
4. Camden Catholic (10-1): Last season's state Non-Public II runner-up.
5. Williamstown (7-3): The South Jersey Group V preseason favorite.
6. Delsea Regional (6-4): The South Jersey Group III preseason favorite.
7. Pennsauken (11-1): Indians won the South Jersey Group IV title last season.
8. Southern Regional (8-2): Rams are the defending Shore Conference A South champions.
9. Cherokee (7-3): Perennial South Jersey powerhouse.
10. West Deptford (11-1): The Eagles are 202 the past two seasons.
11. Glassboro (10-2): The defending South Jersey Group I champion.