A food warmer caught fire in the hallway outside of the locker rooms at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on Friday night during the Atlantic 10 men’s basketball tournament.

Latest Video

There were no injuries in the small fire and it was contained by the building's sprinkler systems.

During the final quarterfinal at the last  A-10 game of the day, smoke could be seen coming from the back area of the building and hovering above the arena floor. However, the building did not need to be evacuated, Boardwalk Hall General Manager Greg Tesone said.

“The sprinkler system came on like it was supposed to,” Tesone said. “By the time the fire department got here it was already out.”

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.