Bellator will return to Atlantic City in November.
The Chicago-based mixed martial arts organization will stage its second card of the year at Revel Casino-Hotel on Nov. 15. Bellator, which is considered the second-best MMA company behind UFC, also held a show at Revel's Ovation Hall on April 4 and previously had fights at Caesars Atlantic City.
Tickets will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster. Prices had not yet been announced.
"Atlantic City has become a second home for Bellator," Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said in a statement. "Revel is in store for another huge night of fights."
Point Pleasant MMA veteran Kurt Pellegrino (16-7) will headline the show, which will be televised on Spike TV. Pellegrino, 34, will end a two-year layoff when he faces Saul Almeida (12-4) in a lightweight (155 pounds) bout. Forked River middleweight Tom DeBlass (8-2) will be in the co-feature against an opponent to be named. Bellator also will hold the finals of its welterweight (165) and featherweight (145) division tournaments.
"I've been in retirement for the last two years, but I've been in the gym every day since and the competitive fire has still been burning inside of me," Pellegrino said Monday in a statement. "Every morning I wake up, I realize I had the same dream as the night before, and it's to go out the way I want. With Bellator back in Atlantic City, this is my opportunity to end my nightmare and go out the way I want, the way I deserve."
Bellator will be the second MMA organization to stage a show at Revel this year. Las Vegas-based World Series of Fighting is scheduled to return on Sept. 15 with a card on NBC Sports Network.
In addition, Revel will host its first-ever professional boxing show on Aug. 17 with a pair of world title fights that HBO will televise. IBF middleweight champion Daniel Geale (29-1, 15 KOs) will take on England's Darren Barker (25-1, 16 KOs) after IBF super-bantamweight champ Jonathan Romero (23-0, 12 KOs), of Colombia, meets Spanish challenger Kiko Martinez (28-4, 20 KOs).
In other boxing news, Somers Point middleweight Patrick Majewski (21-1, 13 KOs) will go to Denmark to challenge Danish prospect Patrick Nielson (19-0, 9 KOs) for the WBA Intercontinental crown.
Majewski, a native of Poland, was in line to fight Mexico's Marco Antonio Rubio (54-6-1, 46 KOs) for the WBC interim world title in Mexico on July 27, but negotiations fell apart. Instead, Majewski will fight Nielson at Arena Nord in Frederikshavn, Denmark.
Contact David Weinberg: