1. Atlantic City boys basketball: The defending state Group IV champions have picked up where they left off last season with a 7-0 record this season.
2. Ocean City girls basketball: Center Julia Duggan averages 15 points and 10.9 rebounds for the Red Raiders (6-1).
3. Southern Regional wrestling: The Rams won the team title at the prestigious Governor Mifflin Tournament in Pennsylvania last week.
4. Atlantic City girls swimming: The Vikings (4-0) are off to a fast start behind senior standout Colleen Callahan.
5. Lou Roe and Monica Johnson: The two, who are among the region's best-ever high school basketball players, will be inducted into the Al Carino South Jersey Basketball Hall of Fame on Feb. 10 in Cherry Hill. Roe, a 1991 Atlantic City graduate, is the Vikings' career boys scoring leader with 1,804 points. Johnson, a 2002 Wildwood graduate, scored 3,173 career points, more than any other local boy or girl.
6. Isaac Clark: The Pleasantville senior won the 800-meter run at the Marine Corps Holiday Classic in New York on Dec. 27.
7. Bridget Flynn: The Ocean City junior set a school record of 2 minutes, 19:57 seconds when she finished sixth in the 800 run at the Marine Corps Holiday Classic.
8. Middle Township boys basketball: The Panthers are 5-2, their only losses coming against undefeated St. Anthony of Jersey City and Atlantic City.
9. Mainland Regional girls swimming: Sisters Sydney and Sammy Boswell have sparked the Mustangs to a 5-0 start.
10. Hammonton boys basketball: Who needs football? The Blue Devils boys hoops team is off to 7-1 start.
Michael McGarry, 609-272-7185