A ranking of public schools that compete for South Jersey titles and non-public teams in Atlantic, Burlington, Cape May, Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester, Salem and southern Ocean counties. Rankings selected by The Press high school sports staff based on staff observations, research and interviews with players and coaches. Last year's record in parentheses.
1. Holy Spirit (12-0): Spartans are favored to win the state Non-Public II title.
2. St. Joseph (10-1): Wildcats are favored to win the state Non-Public I title.
3. Delsea Regional (10-2): Crusaders were the South Jersey Group III runners-ups last season.
4. Cherokee (12-0): Chiefs are the two-time defending South Jersey Group IV champions.
5. Haddonfield (11-1): Bulldogs are the defending South Jersey Group II champion.
6. Oakcrest (9-3): Falcons are a top contender in South Jersey Group III after reaching the Group IV final last season.
7. Toms River North (7-3): The Shore Conference A-South favorite just missed the South Jersey Group IV playoffs last season.
8. Moorestown (7-3): Quarterback Andrew Lisa threw for 2,240 yards and 24 touchdowns last season.
9, Lacey Township (12-0): Lions return enough talent to again contend for a South Jersey Group III title.
10. Paul VI (8-2): Eagles are 17-3 the past two seasons.
11. Shawnee (6-4): Renegades come off back-to-back 6-4 seasons.