The week between Christmas and New Year's Day is one of the busiest of the high school wrestling season.
Every local wrestling team will be in action.
The Art Marinelli Christmas Tournament at Egg Harbor Township High School on Friday is one of the highlights of the local schedule.
Absegami, Ocean City, Oakcrest, Lower Cape May, Vineland and host Egg Harbor Township are among the teams in this year's field.
Southern Regional, which is ranked No. 1 in The Press Elite 11, is heading out of state to compete in the Governor Mifflin Tournament in Reading, Pa., on Friday and Saturday.
The Rams finished 21st among more than 100 teams at the prestigious Beast of the East on Saturday and Sunday in Newark, Del., and will face yet another talented field at Governor Mifflin.
St. Augustine Prep will again be at the Mustang Classic at Brick Memorial on Friday.
The Hermits, who are ranked sixth in the Elite 11, will face a number of the Shore Conference's and state's best teams.
Talented Hammonton and Millville teams highlight the Overbrook Holiday Tournament in Pine Hill, Camden County.
Here is a look at where each area team will be this week:
• Cedar Creek and St. Joseph at the Dan Allen Clayton Classic at Clayton High School
• Holy Spirit at the Walter Woods Tournament at Middletown South High School
• Absegami, Ocean City, Oakcrest, Lower Cape May, Vineland and host Egg Harbor Township in the Art Marinelli Christmas Tournament
• Southern Regional at the Governor Mifflin Tournament in Reading, Pa. (ends Saturday)
• St. Augustine Prep at the Mustang Classic at Brick Memorial High School
• Hammonton, Millville and Mainland Regional at Overbrook Holiday Tournament at Overbrook High School
• Buena Regional at the Hunterdon Central Tournament at Hunterdon Central High School
• Barnegat at the Hawk Classic at Manchester Township High School
• Lacey Township, Pinelands Regional and Jackson Memorial at Middletown South in a quad
• Atlantic City at Middle Township in a dual match
• Cumberland at Palmyra in a dual match
Contact John O'Kane: