Actor Tom Sizemore got kicked off the set of “Born Killers” in 2003 after he allegedly touched an 11-year-old co-worker’s genitals, a dozen cast and crew members told The Hollywood Reporter.
Sizemore, 55, allegedly either rubbed his fingers along the preteen’s vagina or digitally penetrated her while she was seated on his lap during a portrait session for photos that were to be used in the film.
“The girl was so young it was unclear to her and (later) her parents what had actually taken place and if it was intentional or not,” production manager Cassidy Lunnen told the publication.
The girl’s mother noticed her daughter was being unusually quiet the next day, and the girl revealed the alleged inappropriate touching when she put on a bathing suit to go swimming, as she said the suit felt similar to Sizemore’s fingers.
As word of the assault trickled onto the Utah set, the film’s producers Jai Stefan, Michael Manshel and Gus Spoliansky say they booted Sizemore immediately.
“We talked to Tom at the time, and told him everything that had been told to us, and he said: ‘I’ve done a lot of awful things, and I’d never do anything with kids.’ We considered whether we had some responsibility to him to not pass judgment on him,” Manshel told The Hollywood Reporter.
He added that the girl’s parents spoke to police about the incident, but did not press charges, and did not want the girl to be taken off the movie.
Sizemore reportedly denied the young actress’ claims when he was confronted, but was soon after dropped by his management firm, Untitled, and talent agency, CAA.
“Our position is ‘No comment,’” his agent told The Hollywood Reporter on the allegations’ resurfacing.
The “Saving Private Ryan” actor later returned to the set for reshoots in Malibu, Calif.
The actress, now 26, opted to remain anonymous, but told The Hollywood Reporter that she recently hired a lawyer and is exploring legal options against the actor — as well as her parents.
Sizemore is well known for his lengthy rap sheet, which includes multiple drug and domestic abuse charges.
He was convicted of assault and battery against his ex, former “Hollywood Madam” Heidi Fleiss, the same month he began production on “Born Killers.”
The film — not to be confused with another Sizemore film, “Natural Born Killers” — was shot under the title “Piggy Banks” and was released in 2005.
Nine women claim ‘ingrained’ sexual abuse at Danish film studio: Danish authorities are looking into claims of sexual abuse at Zentropa, the studio behind such films as the 2003 drama “Dogville,” starring Nicole Kidman, who is not involved in the investigation.
The inquiry into Zentropa, co-founded by director Lars Von Trier, comes in the wake of a report by the Scandinavian newspaper Politiken. In it, nine women, all former Zentropa employees, spoke of “ingrained” abuse at the studio.
Von Trier was not named in the report. But several allegations of sexual misconduct are aimed at studio co-founder and former CEO Peter Aalbæk Jensen, who’s accused of groping, spanking and bullying women.
The atmosphere of intimidation was fostered by contests involving pubic hair and tasks that involved nipple clamps, according to a report in the Guardian.
Jensen exited as CEO of Zentropa in 2016. He told the Guardian that some of the claims “probably happened,” while characterizing some of the claims as being part of production firm’s “rituals.” Jensen added, “I’ll say this: I have no interest in submission and degradation. I’m interested in testing boundaries, especially where the red line is.” He added that he is “an adored leader.”
A statement released on Monday on behalf of the company’s management, the studio said “Zentropa will continue to be colorful and alterative, but we do not wish to violate anyone’s rights or insult anyone.”
DC Comics editor Eddie Berganza fired amid sexual assault allegations: Eddie Berganza, a high-ranking editor at DC Comics, was fired by DC and Warner Bros. just two days after he was suspended amid claims he forcibly kissed and groped three women.
“We are committed to eradicating harassment and ensuring that all employees, as well as our freelance community, are aware of our policies, are comfortable reporting any concerns and feel supported by our Company,” the company said in a statement.
Group editor Berganza, 53, was fired in the wake of a BuzzFeed report published Friday that saw three former employees accuse him of sexual assault.
Liz Marsham, a former writer, said Berganza cornered her, forced his tongue in her mouth and tried to grope her in 2006, just three weeks after she first started working at the company.
Another employee, Joan Hilty, alleged Berganza grabbed her and tried to kiss her multiple times at a staff get-together at a bar in the early 2000s.
A third woman, who chose to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation, said Berganza forcibly kissed her in a hotel bar in 2012 when she was attending a comics convention with her boyfriend as a freelance writer.
Berganza has been a DC employee since the ‘90s, and has risen through the ranks over the years — despite the fact that his behavior was reported by a group of five employees to human resources in a joint complaint years ago.
After rumors of the 2012 incident swirled online in the blog Bleeding Cool, Berganza was demoted. Still, he oversaw projects related to Superman and Wonder Woman.
DC Entertainment announced Saturday it would be launching an investigation into his behavior.
Brand New cancels remaining tour dates amid sexual misconduct allegations: Brand New has canceled its remaining tour dates in the UK following sexual misconduct allegations against frontman Jesse Lacey.
Lacey, 39, posted a message on the Long Island rock band’s official Facebook page Saturday apologizing for his past actions, but he did not directly respond to the allegations.
“I hope I can show humility, and that the pain I have caused people can heal,” Lacey wrote.
In a now-deleted Facebook post from Nov. 9, a woman accused Lacey of soliciting nude photos from her starting when she was 15 and he was 24.
The woman also claimed Lacey asked her to watch him masturbate over Skype.
“I STILL have nightmares and wake up in a sweat. I still break down and have panic attacks when people play Brand New in a bar,” the woman wrote.
Several other women have since come forward with similar allegations against Lacey.
Prior to Brand New canceling their UK tour, which was set to begin Thursday, UK opener Martha announced that it would be pulling out of all scheduled shows.
Brand New touring member Kevin Devine also announced he would not be playing with the band.
“I’m heartbroken for her & for every person who absorbs & subsequently has to figure out how to live with this type of trauma,” Devine wrote in a Facebook post.
Rebel Wilson details ‘disgusting’ proposition by male star, hotel room encounter with top director: Rebel Wilson revealed she was sexually harassed by both a powerful male star and a top director early in her career.
The “Pitch Perfect” star came forward with her accounts, including one lewd incident with an unnamed actor, after hearing countless women’s stories of sexual harassment in assault in Hollywood.
“A male star, in a position of power asked me to go into a room with him and then asked me repeatedly to stick my finger up his a--,” she described on Twitter.
“All whilst his male ‘friends’ tried to film the incident on their iPhones and laughed. I repeatedly said no and eventually got out of the room.”
Wilson, 37, said she immediately called both her agent and lawyer and her lawyer was able to file a complaint with the studio.
The detail she shared on Twitter was apparently the more censored version, according to the star.
“Later I was threatened by one of the star’s representatives to be nice and support the male star. I refused. The whole thing was disgusting,” she continued. “I’ve told hundreds of people in the industry the story in more graphic detail basically to warn them off this individual.”
Wilson then tweeted another story of her experiences, writing that early in her career she had a “hotel room” encounter with a top director — who she does not name.
“I thought we were there to talk comedy,” she said.
“Nothing physical happened because the guy’s wife called and started abusing him over the phone for sleeping with actresses and luckily she was yelling so loud that I could hear her and I bolted out of there immediately.”
The Australian-born comedian called herself “naive” in the thread and said she never thought something other than “work talk” would happen in the room.
She also called herself lucky to have escaped both incidents.
“I realize not everyone is as lucky,” she said.
The actress declared at the end of her post that if she ever witnesses behavior like that again she will no longer be “polite.”
George Takei blames Russian bots for trying to ‘amplify’ sexual misconduct allegations: George Takei had an out-of-this-world explanation for why so many people were talking about the sexual assault claim against him.
In a now-deleted tweet, the “Star Trek” actor blamed Russian bots for spreading the story after Scott Brunton, an ex-model and actor, accused Takei of groping him in his Los Angeles condo in 1981.
The tweet, credited to SecuringDemocracy.org, showed Russian bot activity over the last 48 hours.
“Takei” had increased in popularity almost 20,000 percent and “George Takei” had jumped by more than 15,000 percent.
“It’s clear they want to cow me into silence, but do not fear, friends. I won’t succumb to that,” Takei wrote.
“By way of background, when I criticized Putin’s anti-LGBT policies publicly, Russian bots attacked my FB page relentlessly, and we had to develop special security measures and ban all traffic from within the Russian Federation and the Ukraine. I am accustomed to their practices.”
Brunton told the Hollywood Reporter that he became friends with Takei when he was 23 and the actor was in his mid-40s.
The two met for dinner one night and then went back to Takei’s condo where Brunton had two drinks and began to feel dizzy.
“I thought I was going to pass out. I said I need to sit down and he said sit over here and he had the giant yellow beanbag chair,” said Brunton, who said that he believes he passed out for a few minutes.
“The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear.”
Takei denied the allegations.
“I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them,” he tweeted Saturday.
“The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do.”
He also called it a “he said/he said situation” that took place almost 40 years ago.— From our wire services